Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
1st Line Support Apprentice at Jardine Lloyd Thompson in Bristol
To train towards providing 1st line support to external clients and third parties by answering and resolving customer calls, password resets, logging all call tickets and raising Priority 1 tickets. Filter calls, reassign to second line support and escalate when necessary.
About the company:
We are a global IT organisation made up of around 650 colleagues worldwide. A large number of our teams are based in the UK – in our London City head office and further offices in Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol. Other teams are based in key regional hubs in the world’s high growth economies, such as Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sidney and Toronto to better meet the needs of local and multi-national clients and trading partners. We procure, develop, run and manage best-in-class IT solutions and services to support JLT’s business activities. We place our customers at the heart of all technology we buy or build. We partner with colleagues in the businesses to provide them with the solutions to deliver JLT’s industry-leading services to our blue-chip clients.
Main responsibilities and Accountabilities
To undertake both on the job and formal apprenticeship standards training to be able to:
- Provide a first rate customer service through the Support Desk
- Record and track all problems/requests reported to the Support desk
- Resolve issues/requests where possible – e.g. password resets, simple problem determination
- Escalate any problems/requests on to senior technicians to assist.
- Chase in timely fashion and keep all parties informed of progress
- Assign internal issues to appropriate person or team, track progress, pursuing and escalating as necessary, and keeping all parties informed
- Maintain and create support desk documentation.
- Provide advice, knowledge and expertise in products and software solutions, calculations. (Full training provided)
- Provide 1st line support, expanding into higher level support as expertise grows
- Become familiar with and support new technologies and software as and when they are introduced to the company.
- Share knowledge and best practices.
- Work on a rota basis.
- Record all reported urgent problems.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Able to adhere to basic standards around being presentable, reliable and punctual in a corporate environment.
- Able to learn excellent customer service skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate that they are able to work within a team.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure.
- A good level of English grammar both written and verbal.
- A good level of Maths in order to undertake client calculations.
- GCSE grade C or above in both Maths and English
- A can do flexible attitude with an understanding of the need to close issues quickly for clients.
- Can demonstrate a desire to learn and progress within the team.
- Commitment to complete the required apprenticeship standards training.
- Develop a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Develop excellent organisational and time management skills
- Develop the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Develop knowledge of VBA, SQL and SharePoint
- Intermediate / Advanced level of use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
100 Victoria St, Bristol, BS1 6HE
253 total views, 6 today