Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Account Management Apprentice
adam&eveDDB is a unique communications agency made up of people from advertising, design, digital, technical, social media and direct. We have a simple mission, to work with our client partners to make brilliant work that works. We are defined by having a highly interactive, open way of working – we have a fast-moving, fast-working and collaborative culture. Clients and the public respond powerfully to our work because we unlock the reasons why brands are loved and then create inspiring and hugely effective communications.
Our office is based in Paddington, and we offer a number of great benefits, such as subsidised food and drink, free breakfast and exercise classes, as well as regular access to a GP, Physiotherapist and Nutritionist. We also offer 25 days’ paid holiday per year.
At adam&eveDDB we want to make sure that whoever you are, wherever you are from and whatever you believe, you feel completely confident being you. To help achieve this we have core agency groups and initiatives, each with an ambition to improve inclusion through positive action.
About the apprenticeship:
You will spend four days per week working at adam&eveDDB, and spend the remaining 20% of your time studying towards the ‘Advertising & Marketing Executive’ apprenticeship training standard. This will be a mixture of classroom learning, online learning, projects and meetings with your tutor.
For the first three months of your placement, you’ll work within our Gutenberg Global Account Management team, before transferring to the adam&eveDDB Account Management department. This will then be followed by stints of one to three months in various departments such as Project Management, Integrated Production, Social, and PR & New Business, so that you get a really well-rounded knowledge of the agency and the advertising process.
About the role:
So what is Account Management? Account Managers are the main point of contact for our Clients and the person who connects everything– the beating heart of the process and the glue that keeps everything and everyone within the Agency on track – whilst also keeping everyone motivated and positive. They work alongside Creatives, Strategists, Producers, Commercial teams and ultimately anyone who plays a role in the process, to ensure the Agency meets the Client’s business and relationship needs. Account Managers are organised, trustworthy, positive-thinkers, energetic, entrepreneurial, diligent, strategically savvy, excellent communicators…and always thinking one step ahead. Specifically, the role is about;
- Being the safest pair of hands – diligent and all over the detail, which builds trust within the Agency and with Clients
- Helping make things happen: perfect execution, on time, every time
- Helping make things better: demonstrating the ability to show initiative
- Building strong relationships internally and externally: based on the ability to deliver and a can do attitude
- Being prepared for every eventuality, understand the importance of ‘professional paranoia, and the account person’s need to take responsibility, never assuming anything but always checking and checking again
- Being commercially savvy: understand the importance of financial rigour and monitoring spend, budgeting and knowing the practicalities of the billing system
- Being creatively passionate: be genuinely enthusiastic, curious and interested in all things creative, learning about the creative product you are delivering and actively keeping up to date on what’s best in class across disciplines
The Account Management Apprentice will learn the basics of account management and agency processes while executing all requests with enthusiasm, speed and reliability, demonstrating great attention to detail, total trustworthiness and initiative. This is a process of learning by doing, but also observing and assimilating the very best practice of their Account Manager, and importantly asking lots of questions.
What we are looking for:
You must have a passion for advertising! You may already have some knowledge of how an advertising agency works, but most importantly, you will have a natural curiosity to learn.
You need to be a confident communicator, comfortable in expressing your opinion but also knowing how to maintain a professional attitude and do what it takes to keep our clients happy. You will have excellent organisational skills and demonstrate a high attention to detail.
You need be a great team player with a strong work ethic and attention to detail. You will also be comfortable working individually, willing to demonstrate your initiative, be actively open to ideas and enthusiastic.
786 total views, 2 today