Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Apprentice Business Analyst at UBS in Liverpool Street
You’ll be working within Group Corporate Services (GCS). The GCS mandate is to provide a business-enabling and efficient working environment for every UBS business division compromising: Wealth Management, Investment Banking, Asset Management and the Corporate Center. Everything GCS does today and plans for the future is aligned to the immediate, short and long-term requirements of UBS.
The regional real estate portfolio consists of client facing buildings, support offices within central business districts, business solutions centres (BSC Krakow & Wroclaw), mission-critical data centres and small regional offices.
GCS is accountable for the effective management of all non-IT property & infrastructure and client, staff & stakeholders services comprising: engineering – critical asset and infrastructure maintenance, design & construction projects, real estate and space planning and Integrated Facility Management supported by business management.
In addition to the exciting challenges of your day-to-day role, successful candidates will be provided training on a variety of technical and behavioural topics.
A normal day will differ from role to role, but typically will include:
- Monitor supplier performance according to the prescribed standard & emergency operating procedures.
- The systematic measurement and governance of contract performance – Service Level and KPI compliance (metrics management).
- Monitor the timely completion of deliverables and obligations. Chase where necessary to ensure fulfilment of obligations.
- Operational risk management & mitigation plans.
- Positively encourage and recognise innovation and propose changes which are deemed as continuous improvement.
- Ensure adherence to UBS policies, procedures and regulations.
What you could go on to do
- Further specialise (i.e. become a technical expert) in a specific area of facilities management and move up the management ladder.
- Expand your Group Corporate Services knowledge by moving across to a different service line, e.g. from IFM to Real Estate
- Broaden expertise further by moving into another area of Corporate Centre or beyond
How you will be supported
- Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff.
- Onsite support will be provided by your line manager, team, mentor and HR.
- Be goal-oriented, self-motivated with strong communication skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- Business analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Knowledge on Microsoft Words, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence management and other stakeholders.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic environment as part of the team
- Keen to learn and explore new ideas
- Eager to embrace challenges
- Working with integrity
- B/Level 6 Grades at GCSE Math and English Language
- A-levels req: BCC or equivalent (104 UCAS Points)
UBS, 5 Broadgate, EC2M 2QS
236 total views, 32 today