Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Apprentice Data Analyst at Collinson Group in Houndsditch
Collinson Lifestyle and Benefits, part of Collinson Group, is the world-leading provider of lifestyle membership programmes and travel enhancement products. With a tiered product range designed to meet the varying needs of financial and other service providers on a global scale, we help to differentiate products, optimise a brand offering and retain valuable customers.
Our hero travel membership programme Priority Pass™ is used by the world’s largest financial services organisations and telecoms providers to add value to their propositions. Businesses also use it to augment employee benefit packages and to enhance corporate travel programmes.
We believe in investing in the very core of our propositions. That’s why Collinson Group also owns an airport infrastructure business called Airport Lounge Development, which opens and operates our own airport lounges under the brand The Club Airport Lounges.
Collinson Group is a global leader in shaping and influencing customer behaviours to drive revenue and value for clients. The group offers a unique blend of industry and sector specialists who together provide market-leading experience in delivering products and services across four core capabilities: Loyalty, Lifestyle Benefits, Insurance and Assistance.
The group provides unrivalled insight and expertise around affluent consumers and frequent travelers, creating and delivering products and services that increase engagement, loyalty and value for customers.
We have more than 25 years’ experience, with 28 global locations, servicing over 800 clients in 170 countries, employing 1,500 staff, and managing over 20 million end customers. We have been bringing innovation to the market since inception – from launching the first independent global VIP lounge access Programme, Priority Pass™ to being the first to sell direct travel insurance in the UK through Columbus Direct and creating the first loyalty agency of its kind in the travel sector with ICLP. Today we still invest heavily in innovation to ensure that we continue to deliver superior customer experiences.
Purpose of the job
The primary role of a Data Analyst is to study data to provide business insight. Data analysts are typically involved with managing, cleansing, abstracting and aggregating data, and conducting a range of analytical studies on that data. They work across a variety of projects, providing technical data solutions to a range of stakeholders. They document and report the results of data analysis activities, making recommendations to improve business performance. They have a good understanding of data structures, database systems and procedures and the range of analytical tools used to undertake different types of analyses.
Within this role you will be required to:
- Support key areas within the Travel Experience Business Intelligence team by delivering data analysis requests on time and to specification
- Work on BAU activities and Project tasks assisting on varying data related activities including data investigation, data profiling, data manipulation, data mapping and data lineage
- Produce and deliver ad-hoc data and reports as required
- Working with tools such as SQL server databases, Alteryx, Excel and Tableau to conduct and present your analysis
- Documenting your findings with clarity, accuracy and quality to support wider project documentation and presenting you findings to the BI team
- Work with internal teams to ensure project requirements are met, whilst projects stay within scope, timeline and quality
- Good data analysis skills, having a good understanding of relational databases and the ability to produce reports
This is an entry-level position for someone looking to build a career in a data analytical environment.
You will manage your day to day workload with direction from the Senior Business Intelligence Manager or delegated members of the Business Intelligence team.
You should take data briefs from senior team members and work efficiently to deliver accurate outputs. You will use data and analytics tools to meet project and stakeholder needs, as specified by BI team members and project or task requirements.
Data deliverables may include:
- Data analysis presented in Excel or Word documents
- SQL scripts produced to analysis and profile data
- Reports in Excel, SSRS, or Tableau
- Alteryx components built to manipulate data or ETL data
- Other general analysis where you will need to interrogate data sources to deliver answers
- Feeding insights and recommendations into team discussions
You should ensure deliverables are supplied on time and are correct, meeting and exceeding expectations.
You will be required to follow QC procedures and ensure consistency of analytical output.
You will be required to follow processes and procedures to ensure a smooth and efficient service to internal/external clients.
You should expect to document and present analysis in a way that can be understood by all (technical and non-technical).
- Assisting and supporting the team with administration and office tasks as required
- Adhering to company processes and where necessary supporting the team to document and improve processes
Knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Good level of education – with a degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Understand and shows enthusiasm about data and its application
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel is essential
- Knowledge of reading and writing SQL queries to extract and manipulate data
- Knowledge or experience with Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and ETL is preferable.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good at problem solving/data analysis
- Good organisational skills, with a practical and systematic approach to project work, effective in time management and the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Ability to think laterally and work in a proactive manner
- Clear and confident communication skills, both verbal and written
- Natural ability to work as part of a team
- Able to understand how to manage delivery expectations and priorities of multiple stakeholders
- Experience of working in an environment where attention to detail is critical
- Demonstrable experience of working with data
- Experience of working in teams and alone
- Experience with communicating with team members and stakeholders
A highly motivated person with a mature, professional attitude and genuine interest in the role. Conscientious and reliable with a strong work ethic, personal integrity and a can-do attitude. You’ll be a natural self-starter with enthusiasm and positivity. You will enjoy a challenge, be a problem solver, level-headed with an analytical mind. Driven to achieve results, you will be adaptable and agile enough to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Cutlers Exchange, 123 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BU
396 total views, 6 today