Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Apprentice Data Analyst at Wavemaker in Manchester
GroupM recently merged two of its leading global networks, MEC and Maxus, to form a brand new media, content and technology agency – one of the largest in the world. WAVEMAKER exists to be Future Makers: to build brands that pioneer the future, inspire society and move customers to action. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in creating an agency of future.
Bound together by our Purchase Journey approach (the process a consumer goes on from being only sub-consciously aware of a brand, through to purchasing the product once or multiple times), we help clients translate audience behaviours and insights into smart decisions today, for a prosperous tomorrow.
Our organisational capabilities and specialisms, along with the talents of our 8,500 people are united through our focus on understanding, accelerating and optimizing purchase journeys. Our obsession with purchase journeys is apparent in the solutions we create for clients, in how we structure ourselves and in the job roles our people perform. So a job at WAVEMAKER may not sound like a job at any other agency, and that’s because it isn’t. Its more & better.
Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as PACED – passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse. Our people are the brains, the data experts, the creators, the innovators and the thinkers of the GroupM family.
Our vision is simple: To become the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker Manchester are looking to recruit an Apprentice within the TAPP (Technology, Audiences, Platforms & Products) team.
The role will involve working on the measurement and reporting of our clients’ media campaigns, as well as assisting the Data Director in the implementation of data services for a number of clients.
As with all roles in TAPP, the chief requirements are attitudinal – a curiosity and determination to add value for our clients by leveraging data in new and innovative ways. This is supported by a strong numerical ability and a keen eye for detail and accuracy within a technical environment.
– Strong attention to detail
– Excel competency
– Good mathematical ability – the interview will include a maths test.
– Critical thinking – being able to look at a set of results and question
– Genuine interest in (and ability to) find answers and insights from data.
– Motivated by finding answers and new perspectives.
– Approach workflow in a methodical and professional manner.
– Within Excel, a knowledge of formulas, pivot tables, conditional formatting, creating and formatting charts is advantageous.
– Being comfortable/competent handling and interpreting large data sets.
– An understanding of marketing, and how a media agency works.
– An understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem.
– Experience of working with digital analytics platforms (e.g. Google Analytics) and ad serving platforms (e.g. DoubleClick)
– Experience of working in a marketing/media focused role.
175 total views, 4 today