Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Apprentice Digital Performance Analyst at NICE in Piccadilly
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) provides national guidance and advice to improve health and social care.
NICE was originally set up in 1999 as the National Institute for Clinical Excellence, a special health authority, to reduce variation in the availability and quality of NHS treatments and care.
In 2005, after merging with the Health Development Agency, we began developing public health guidance to help prevent ill health and promote healthier lifestyles.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an interesting, creative and forward-thinking company based in Manchester. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to join our team as a Digital Performance Analyst Apprentice within Digital Services.
NICE Digital Services are a team of 45 who look after the NICE Website and around 35 digital services and software applications that provide easy access to guidance for the public and healthcare specialists.
Our Digital Performance Analyst (DPA) is responsible for understanding and gathering service performance intelligence on the key website and applications usage in terms of numbers of users, where they go, what they access and how they access our information. This then helps Digital Services decide how to
improve our services so that we can ensure healthcare professionals quickly find the right information at the right level when they need it.
The Apprentice role will work closely with our DPA and:
- Monitor a number of websites and mobile applications
- Create regular reports for key services
- Maintain the web performance tool
- Audit services and add tracking to gather data on the web performance tool
- Provide insightful information about the services
- Maintain a collaborative space around Analytics with information on how we work
This role is not just about statistics and numerical analysis; you will work with, or provide data to, a number of teams and stakeholders within NICE which involves regular discussion and interaction to identify what they need and then explain the reports and insights you create for them.
This role will be aligned with the Government Digital Services Competency Framework for Performance Analysts at ‘Associate’ level which is entry level for this profession:
This is particularly advantageous for anyone considering a career in the Civil Service / Public Sector.
- An intermediate level of Microsoft Work and PowerPoint
- An intermediate understanding of Microsoft Excel is essential such as creating charts, although development will be provided to take this to an advanced level.
- Attention to detail
- Organised and reliable
- Interested in statistical analysis and how it can help us understanding users’ behaviour
- Passionate and interested about the digital world and how it makes modern life easier
- Yearns to learn
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s A-C
- Mathematics to at least GCSE Grade A-C
- English Language to at least GCSE Grade C or equivalent
Level 1A, City Tower, Piccadilly, Manchester, M1 4BT
Applications close: 14th February, 2018
Candidate open day: 26th February, 2018
Interview dates: 14th or 15th March, 2018
Provisional start date: 3rd April, 2018
210 total views, 15 today