Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Apprentice HR Administrator
At Sygnature Discovery we are recruiting an HR Apprentice to work within our HR team. Reporting to the HR Development Manager, the role holder will be introduced to a broad range of the HR activities that the team provides to the wider company, with particular focus upon training and benefits.
This is a unique opportunity to gain an excellent start to your career by being part of the continued growth of a medium-sized scientific company. You will work within a team to support our employees at the cutting edge of their field, discovering novel drugs for a worldwide client base. You will gain an understanding of the full HR lifecycle and how HR adds value to a business.
The role holder will:
- be the first point of contact for training and benefits queries.
- facilitate individual benefits changes including pensions, private medical insurance, season ticket loans, etc.
- maintain accurate employee records.
- liaise with independent financial advisors and other relevant external benefits contacts.
- support annual benefit renewals.
- help to process and track salary amendments and pay reviews.
- assist with the organisation of corporate events.
- liaise with suppliers to ensure the business is offering competitive benefits.
- report on benefits usage and review costs, keeping relevant parties informed.
- support the planning, booking, preparation and monitoring of training.
- implement E-learning content as required.
- support other general HR services.
- provide ad-hoc office support, to include answering the phone, note-taking, filing and helping with the post and deliveries.
To succeed in this role, they will:
- be capable of learning to use a wide variety of different software packages and tools.
- be highly literate and numerate.
- uphold high levels of confidentiality, consideration, discretion and composure.
- be well organised and aware of deadlines.
- be comfortable engaging with people at all levels within and outside of the business, showing high levels of emotional intelligence.
- have an interest in science.
In return, we will provide:
- enrolment onto an HR Support Level 3 CIPD study programme which upon completion enables individuals to apply for Associate Membership of the CIPD.
- at least 20% of the role holder’s time will be spent on meaningful training and development to supplement the experience gathered through ongoing responsibilities.
- coaching, training and mentoring by several experienced HR professionals with varied backgrounds.
- a competitive salary of up to £14,000 per annum.
- a generous pension offering in addition to eligibility for private medical insurance on completion of six months’ service.
The Discovery Building, BioCity, Pennyfoot Street, Nottingham
355 total views, 10 today