Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Apprentice HR Administrator
Ada, the National College for Digital Skills, is a specialist technical college with a charitable mission to work with industry to design and deliver an education that empowers all our students, especially young women and those from low-income households, to progress into highly skilled digital roles.
We are recruiting an HR Apprentice to work within our HR and apprenticeship teams. Reporting to the Director of Careers and HR, the role holder will be introduced to a broad range of the HR and business administration activities that the teams provide to the college, with particular focus upon HR and business administration processes.
Your work will have a direct and transformative impact on the lives of our students and apprentices – like you! – providing them with opportunities they simply would not receive without your hardwork and dedication. This is a unique opportunity to gain an excellent start to your career by being part of the continued growth of an organisation partnering with Google, Facebook, Deloitte, EY, Expedia, British Land, Asos, Siemens and many more to transform digital skills education.
- Be the first point of contact for HR operations queries.
- Maintain accurate employee records on our HR MIS (CiviHR).
- Manage our safeguarding and DBS compliance
- Support the Director of HR on all HR processes: Recruitment, Learning and Development, Engagement, Performance management.
- To support the front reception for our second site, being the first point of call for visitors
- Deal with queries on the phone, by e-mail and in person
- Day to day accountability for the apprenticeship calendar, including coordinating room bookings and space management
- Log and record apprentices attendance and punctuality
- Accurate data entry into apprentice MIS (Aptem) and support with ILR returns
- Day to day internal communications for the team and apprentices
- Delivering stationery stock to classes on a weekly basis and the upkeep / tidy of the stock cupboard
- Provide administrative support as directed by the Head of Apprenticeship Programmes (key stakeholder)
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indicating of the areas of activity and may be amended from time to time in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
- Capable to use information technology for attendance monitoring, word processing, spreadsheets and databases and excellent typing skills
- Uphold high levels of confidentiality, consideration, discretion and composure.
- Highly literate and numerate.
- Ability to pick up new applications and software quickly
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team, establishing effective working relationships and flexible working practices
- Ability to work under pressure in a constantly changing and demanding environment
- Good written communication skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong stakeholder management, working with individuals across an organisation
- Aligned with the values of the College in their approach to their work
- Passion for working with young people and adults to help improve their life chances
- A commitment to on-going personal development
- A willingness to work flexibly and where necessary outside of normal working hours
- Suitable to work with young people and vulnerable adults in accordance with Government guidelines for safeguarding.
Variation to this Job Description
This is a description of the job as it is at present, and is current at date of issue. The job description will be reviewed and updated as necessary to ensure that appropriate revisions are incorporated, and that it relates to the job to be performed. This process is carried out through discussions with Management. You are expected to participate fully in the review and, following discussion to update your job description as is considered necessary or desirable
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check when appropriate to the post. Further information about the DBS be found at www.gov.uk
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check when appointed to the post. References for shortlisted candidates will be requested prior to the interview day. Further information about the DBS be found at www.gov.uk
- Enrolment onto an HR Support Level 3 CIPD study programme which upon completion enables individuals to apply for Associate Membership of the CIPD.
- At least 20% of the role holder’s time will be spent on meaningful training and development to supplement the experience gathered through ongoing responsibilities.
- Coaching, training and mentoring by several experienced HR professionals with varied backgrounds.
- a competitive salary of up to £15,000 per annum.
- a generous pension offering
Broad Lane, London, N15 4AG
293 total views, 11 today