Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Apprentice HR Assistant
Perenco is the first independent oil and gas company in Europe. Our teams bring together over 6,000 collaborators who operate both onshore and offshore within 14 countries throughout the world from Northern Europe to Africa, South America and South-East Asia.
We work with passion, responsibility, courage, integrity, humility, confidence and optimism: the seven values that drive Perenco’s collaborators. Set off for the international adventure with Perenco and come and share our vision of the future. We need your expertise and talents, and we will know how to value and enhance them.
This role is to provide our staff, who are often mobile due to the nature of the oil and gas industry, with an excellent employee focused on HR services. The HR Team handles the daily running of a busy HR department in head office with c. 150 employees. A key part of this role is being the first point of contact for all HR related queries and ensuring the team is approachable and helpful.
This position entails running an efficient, productive HR function, ensuring legal compliance and working with Group HR in Paris (occasionally with subsidiaries HR teams worldwide).
Tasks & Responsibilities
Administer end to end employee life-cycle transactional processes including joiners, movers, leavers, pay changes, special leave types, compensation and benefits administration and produce the associated documentation for all employees and managers. This will include and will not be limited to:
- Hiring and onboarding: offer letter, contract generation and coordination of the on-boarding process for joiners (including reference checks, RTW checks, auditing and archiving, etc…).
- Promotions/transfers/changes: accurately record changes in accordance with agreed processes and administer changes to individual’s terms and condition, contract updates, letters and amendment.
- Leave administration: facilitate sickness, maternity, paternity, holiday absence administration and calculate payments and entitlements, including maternity pay and redundancy. Generate appropriate documentation, track and monitor as required.
- Reward and payroll: ensure all employee data management related actions or updates are completed accurately in time for payroll deadlines and in line with procedural guidelines. Organise employee benefits administration and manage the UK flexible benefits system. Liaise with benefit providers and suppliers in addition to benefits data management.
- Leaver management: ensure the prompt and accurate processing of leavers and generate documentation, data management and file management.
- L&D: support training administration (log training request, book hotels or trips, liaise with providers).
- Recruitment: admin support from drafting/checking job descriptions to organising interviews and following-up with candidates.
- Referencing: respond to employee reference requests in line with the Company’s reference policy.
- Employee archives: ensure employees files (digital and hard copies) are up to date and ensure secure storage.
This role will allow exposure to the following:
- Mobility and Immigration: coordinate employee mobility and regional point contact for employees. Request and maintain visa/work permit status records. Track and process applications.
- Company policy review
- Keen interest in international HR and working in a diverse team
- Demonstrated experience of dealing with highly sensitive/confidential information, and with employees at all levels
- English (business level)
- Proficient in standard MS Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
Desirable: understanding of French working culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication and employee-centric approach
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Proactive and able to take initiative
- Pro-active, self-sufficient
- Team player
- Positive can-do attitude
- Professional, approachable with confidence in abilities
- Willingness to get involved and be hands-on with all menial tasks
8 Hanover Square, London, W1S 1HQ
423 total views, 5 today