Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Apprentice HR Assistant at HM Treasury in Westminister
The Treasury is the United Kingdom’s economics and finance ministry. It is responsible for formulating and implementing the government’s financial and economic policy. Its aim is to raise the rate of sustainable growth and achieve rising prosperity and a better quality of life with economic and employment opportunities for all.
About the group
Corporate Centre Group
The Corporate Centre Group provides corporate systems, services, solutions and facilities to enable HM Treasury Group to deliver effectively and efficiently. It consists of Human Resources, Finance, Finance & HR Operations, IT and Facilities, Management Information, Correspondence and Information Rights, Estates, Security, Information and records management. We provide a vast array of services and solutions that enable the Treasury Group and its partners to operate effectively.
About the Team
Our Human Resources team is made up of around 30 people. We are a diverse team of HR professionals and others with a background in Treasury policy work, which makes for a useful skills mix. We have a wide range of flexible working arrangements in place. Our last staff survey engagement score was 70 (against an overall Civil Service average of 59). We deal with the full range of issues on how the Treasury manages its people, from pay policy to diversity and inclusion to recruitment policy. We work closely with senior staff in the Treasury to make sure that our work genuinely supports and adds value.
We have a sister team in Norwich which handle the transactional HR work for the Treasury and our Arms Length Bodies.
- To provide administrative support to the Talent and Workforce Planning Branch in Human Resources (HR). This includes, for example:
- Organising and supporting events e.g. Assessment Centres;
- Preparing and, where necessary, copying paperwork for meetings and other events;
- Organising meetings and room bookings;
- Taking notes and action points at meetings.
- Obtain information and present it in a format that can be easily understood and analysed, to inform decision making.
- Handle queries from Treasury staff and line managers, helping them to find information and understand HR policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records for HR team processes, for example learning and development programme administration and the allocation of staff to teams/roles.
- Undertake any ad-hoc HR work or projects as required.
- The post holder will undertake a Level 3 HR Support apprenticeship, which will lead to a level 3 professional HR qualification from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). The study will be done as part of the apprentice’s working time.
Please see the Apprenticeship Standard for information on what you can expect to learn in this apprenticeship.
Candidates – Please note, you will need to evidence against this section on your Application Form.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to work independently and manage a busy workload to achieve deadlines and priorities
- Strong IT skills, ideally including the ability to use Word and Excel effectively
- Ability to check own work and maintain a high level of accuracy
Hours of work
This post is available on a full time, part time or job share basis, and flexible working hours can be accommodated.
The working hours of this post are 42 per week (including meal breaks of 1 hour a day) unless you have a legacy agreement.
Opportunity to gain an HR qualification
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
As part of our pre-employment security checks, if you are invited to interview and are not a current HM Treasury member of staff, we will require a copy of your Proof of Identity (e.g. your passport or driver’s license) confirming proof of both your nationality and your identity, and a copy of your Proof of Address (e.g. a utility bill within the past 3 months) confirming your proof of address. Please note, your passport must be in date and valid, and the utility bill must have been issued within the last six months. We will also need to see your original notification from DWP of your National Insurance number.
Please let us know if your contact details change at any time during the selection process.
HM Treasury has a strong commitment to equality and diversity. Our aim is to be a department which is open and accessible, recruiting and retaining diverse, talented and high-performing people who support and develop one another.
HM Treasury guarantees to interview any disabled applicants, provided they meet the essential criteria for the post, and confirm on their application, their eligibility for the guaranteed interview scheme.
Individuals appointed to the Treasury will be subject to National Security Vetting. To allow for meaningful checks to be carried out applicants will normally need to have lived in the UK for at least 3 years. A lack of UK residency in itself is not necessarily a bar to security clearance but the Department will need to consider on a case by case basis using all information that can be obtained following a successful application.
If in doubt about your eligibility to apply for this post, please contact HR Recruitment on: 020 7270 6000 (Option 3, Option 1) for further advice.
The Interview stage of assessment for this post will comprise of a Competency-based interview. The Competencies which will be tested during the interview are outlined below:
- Making effective decisions
- Leading and communicating
- Collaborating and partnering
- Building capability for all
- Managing a quality service
- Delivering at pace
The post will be based in London at 1 Horse Guards Road, SW1A 2HQ
541 total views, 22 today