Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Apprentice IT Systems Administrator at NQC in Manchester
To Support our steady but continued growth we are seeking a talented IT Systems Administrator to join our team of highly motivated professionals.
The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for investigating and diagnosing network problems, collecting IT usage statistics, carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions. The IT Systems Administrator will also be responsible for setting up and removing computer devices. They will have a key focus on security, quality of the system as well as the user experience.
The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining, developing and enhancing the company’s software and hardware infrastructure and must be able to confidently liaise with the IT director in regards to any updates or issues.
- To be able to set up and maintain the company’s network and infrastructure.
- To monitor network security and resolve any issues that may arise.
- To maintain a good working relationship with other colleagues
- To monitor and implement IT Security policies as agreed with the IT director.
- To be able to deal with a demanding workload which may include conflicting demands on time.
- To be able to work on own initiative and as a team member.
- To be able to create system processes where needed.
- To be able to create logs for all company assets e.g. work mobile phones.
In addition to the key role responsibilities outlined above, all staff are required to undertake the following responsibilities in adherence with company policies:
- Be an ambassador for the company at all times
- Maintain a high quality of communications internally and externally;
- Carry out any reasonable job-related task requested;
- Implement and act in accordance with companies information security policies;
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference;
- Execute responsibilities in line with security processes or policies;
- Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation;
- Adherence at all times to confidentiality clauses set out in employment contract particularly with regards to the handling of sensitive data and information;
- Attend training courses provided by the company and maintain awareness and adherence to company policies and processes;
- Adhere to all company policies included within the Employee Handbook, in particular, the Code of Business Ethics, the Equality and Diversity Policy, the Health & Safety Policy, Internet and Email Policy and other asset related policies.
Essentials Skills and Experience
- Relevant work experience is desirable.
Knowledge skills and ability
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP
- Excellent knowledge of Redhat
- Excellent knowledge of Linux
- Good knowledge of Firewalls
- Good knowledge of anti-virus/spam configurations.
- Good knowledge of Postfix SMTP
- Knowledge of Apache
- Knowledge of LDAP
- Knowledge of SSL
- Knowledge of SSH
- Knowledge of MySQL
- Knowledge of ISO 27005
- Treats security as a matter of high priority
- Accurately and urgently reports security incidents and breaches
- Remains motivated and takes imitative
- Obtains, checks and understands all the available facts before drawing conclusions
- Systematically organises own work to meet objectives
- Suggests improvements to existing practice and how they could be made.
1 George Leigh Street, Manchester, M4 5DL
108 total views, 7 today