Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Apprentice IT Technician
Do you have a passion for all things IT and are a keen problem solver? We have an exciting vacancy for the role of IT Support Technician Apprentice to join our team. This position is to grow your knowledge and experience to become the first line support contact for all IT support enquiries, dealing with the set-up, administration and support of PCs, laptops, printers and mobile devices onsite and by phone. To provide on-time and high quality IT support to our clients and logging all support requests accordingly.
Expected Duration: 15 months with an opportunity available to progress onto a Level 4 apprenticeship or secure a full-time position at the completion of the apprenticeship.
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Typical Roles and Responsibilities may include but aren’t limited to the following:
- Providing 1st Line IT support for clients via Telephone and using Remote Support Software
- Assist in planning of network cabling and comms cabinet projects
- Meeting clients face-to-face to discuss IT issues and solutions
- Documenting all IT Support requests in a CRM System
- Preparing client equipment (PC hardware repairs, custom PC builds)
- Learn how to administer Windows & Linux Servers remotely (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and Group Policy.)
- Provisioning and managing Office 365 tenancies.
- Learn how to administer Networks, phone PBX Systems, Databases and CCTV systems.
- Remote Monitoring and Management of clients equipment health.
- Logging all IT changes in a knowledge base.
The successful IT Support candidate will:
Have strong analytical and communication skills and a self-motivated attitude along with the following:
- Have a passion for learning all things IT
- Be able to solve problems
- Be open and Honest
- Be customer focused
- Have an excellent understanding of Computer Hardware and components
- Have a developed ability to troubleshoot and diagnose faults
- Be able to communicate effectively to non-technical users
- Have a basic understanding of networks (LAN/WAN)
- Be punctual and reliable
Provident IT Solutions Limited provide a wide range of IT services to UK businesses in Leicestershire, offering bespoke solutions for the requirements of our clients. The core of our business is providing Managed IT Support to our clients and their users, closely followed by provisioning and installing new equipment (Custom PC builds, Server builds, VoIP Phone Systems) and completing IT projects (Office 365 migrations, Network installations, Cloud Backups).
Must hold 5 GCSEs (graded A* to C or 9 to 5) or equivalent including English/ Maths and have been a resident in the UK/EEA/EU for the last 3 years.
Experience with Windows 7, 8.1, 10 and Microsoft Office 2013, 2016
UK Driving (Preferred)
If you are interested please send in your CV detailing your experience. If you hold a full UK driver licence or are currently in the process of learning to drive, please declare this upon submitting your application.
14 Digby Drive, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 1PL
314 total views, 3 today