Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Apprentice Service Desk Support Officer at South Gloucestershire Council in Yate
The ICT Apprentice is a member of the Service Desk Centre team and as such will be the first point of contact for the customer for all ICT enquiries. They will provide a 1st line support service, working with customers to resolve their problems; this could be via telephone, email or connecting to the customer computer remotely, and gathering as much relevant information as possible of the nature of the problem.
You will receive supervision, guidance and support from your workplace supervisor and a workplace mentor and will have the opportunity to undertake a range of tasks to aid your learning and development.
- Being the first point of contact for the customer for all ICT enquiries.
- Developing and applying expertise to troubleshoot Customer’s technical issues, assisting them and ensuring all decisions made are in the best interest of the customer.
- To work in a collaborative and ‘digital’ manner using, and suggesting, the latest tools to facilitate successful outcomes.
- Information security and governance maintenance.
- Regular checking of IT monitoring systems, verifying any identified issues, logging and investigating or escalating as appropriate.
- Managing approx 2500 customer cases per month.
- Managing approx 2500 user accounts and computers supported and maintained.
- Must hold minimum qualifications of GCSE A*-C (or Grade 4-9) at GCSE (or equivalent qualification) in English and Maths or be willing to work towards gaining a Level 2 in English and Maths.
- Effective written and numeracy skills.
- Able to research and resolve problems and able to judge when to escalate to more senior staff.
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of customers, in order to provide an excellent customer service.
- Competent IT skills
- Relevant practical experience in a customer focused environment
Please note that you will be expected to undertake a basic skills assessment as part of the selection process. A link to the assessment will be sent to applicants which must be completed by 15th October 2017.
Upon completion of the basic skills assessment, the results and applications will be considered by the line managers. Successful applicants will be invited to attend a formal interview in due course.
Closing date: 6th October
90 total views, 7 today