Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Business Analyst at LearnX in London
LearnX is an exciting start-up in the digital learning space working with the higher education institutions across Europe to help improve teaching and learning practices with the use of technology.
Our predated teaching practices are no longer at par with the way people live their lives and in need of change. We grew increasingly frustrated at seeing learners constantly having to accept the traditional learning methods and make do with dull content. This is why LearnX was born. We provide management consultancy to educational institutions and create various learning-related digital products with the ultimate goal of enhancing the student experience with innovative learning designs.
About the role:
The LearnX Project Management Office (PMO) department is responsible for managing the portfolio of client projects and delivering projects as directed by LearnX’s directors. This position will support the PMO by providing business analysis services for its clients.
- Interact with the business to identify, capture, and analyse business requirements.
- Perform a gap analysis.
- Identify areas of process improvement.
- Develop functional specifications in a team environment.
- Derive use cases where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain traceability matrix ensuring all business requirements have been met.
- Work with team to elicit and manage change requests for enhancements.
- Develop and maintain training material and programs.
- Keep clients aware of all changes or critical issues.
- Identify and analyse report requirements and provide documentation for report development.
- Perform Data Analysis including data mapping, report analysis, and interface definitions.
- Work with team to develop a test plan including unit testing, functional QA, integration testing, etc.
- Work with team to develop test case scenarios derived from business requirements.
- Establish defect reporting and tracking.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders, and senior management.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive to decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships, and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure, and management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport, and persuade others.
- Customer-first philosophy and approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook)
- Ability to travel both domestic and international, as needed
Location: LearnX, 3 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9SG
254 total views, 1 today