Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Change and Release Management Apprentice at AXA Group in London
AXA XL provides insurance and risk management products and services for mid-sized companies through to large multinationals, as well as reinsurance solutions to insurance companies globally.
AXA XL has a leading presence in the Lloyd’s of London insurance market, we have over 30 specialist business areas (known as ‘lines of business’) and are leading player in specialty insurance, including Aerospace, Fine Art & Specie, Marine, Motor, Political Risk and Crisis Management.
AXA XL are the number 1 Global Property & Casualty commercial lines insurer by gross written premium (GWP)
- market capacity of $70 Billion which is one of the largest in the insurance industry
- GWP of $17.6 Billion
- Clients in over 200 countries
- 99% of the UK FTSE 100 companies as clients and over 90% of the Fortune 500
The Change and Release Management team are responsible for all changes, updates and releases for IT infrastructure, including any governance and audit requirements before the release goes live.
The Change and Release Management team are part of a wider team with the following 4 main specialisms;
- Change and Release Management
- System testing – including user acceptance testing and quality assurance
- IT procurement
- IT risk and audit – including annual user access reviews and managing major IT incidents
The Change and Release Management apprenticeship is a 2 year programme, during which you will work towards a qualification that is relevant to the work you are undertaking as an Apprentice.
As a Change and Release Management Apprentice you will be required to successfully complete a level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship qualification. You will receive learning support for this qualification through our apprenticeship programme training partner.
- You will spend time with each of the 4 areas above to gain a thorough, rounded understanding of change and release management within the wider context
- Configuration Management – you will initially start in configuration management to understand the data flow through the systems, verifying the data and reporting on what the data is showing
- Change Management – learning about how changes to individual elements of the system interact and how changing configuration has a knock on effect
- Release Management – once you have a good foundation in the areas above you will take responsibility for a small application to understand the full lifecycle of system management
- ITIL areas – many areas of the team are affected by the IT Infrastructure Library so you will also spend time looking at problem handling and major incident resolution
Your attributes and skills
- You will have a real passion for mathematical problem solving, including physics, engineering, mathematics or IT / technology
- As part of the Change and Release Management team you will interact with business users at all levels so confident written and verbal communications skills are essential
- Basic understanding of Microsoft office programmes (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) will be beneficial
- You will have Mathematics and English to grade C or higher at GCSE (or equivalent)
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and research abilities
- Demonstrated leadership experience with a drive for results
- A high level of intellectual capability and curiosity
- Passion for solving puzzles through collaboration and innovation
- Legal Authorization to work in the country in which the position is posted
What we do
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a strong and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
Learn more at axaxl.com
Diversity & Inclusion
We know that a diverse workforce and inclusive culture enable business growth and are critical to our success. That’s why we have made a strategic commitment to attracting and retaining the most diverse workforce possible, while creating a strong, inclusive culture where everyone is welcome and can contribute and reach their highest potential.
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index – 2017, 2018
- Signatory to the CEO Action for Diversity
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
- Twelve Colleague Resource Groups around the Globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
Location: 20 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0BG
224 total views, 9 today