Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Commercial & Content Creator Apprentice
Netgem UK specialises in providing Connected Home Entertainment Products, either sold as ‘B2B Solutions’ to Multi-Service Operators (eg. ‘EE TV’ managed as a ‘TV-as-a-Service’ for EE, part of BT Group) to help them strengthen their end-customer relationship and drive revenue growth, or directly to consumers via Online and Retail distribution channels (eg. SoundBox and NetBox sold on Amazon.co.uk).
Based upon our parent company’s 20+ years specialising in hardware and software technologies, our B2B operator customers and Service providers distributing our products are able to develop innovative convergent services and a unique connected Entertainment experience, with Broadcast TV enriched by the power of Internet via OTT Content services.
More recently, Netgem has engaged in direct to consumer sales (B2C) through a strategic relationship with Amazon and will shortly be venturing into high street retailing, again through partnership.
We believe that the TV experience has evolved to become more sophisticated and richer with an increasing amount of content available on more devices. At the same time, with this explosion of content, consumers want a simple access to content that is actually relevant to them, at the time they want, on any device, in any place.
As one of the pioneers of entertainment in the home, Netgem has always placed the consumer at the heart of its innovation Roadmap, being one of the leaders of ‘Connected TV’ from the early days in the UK: from the first connected TV box with ITV Digital in 2000, to BT iPlayer in 2002, then the first connected PVR box with Fetch-TV in 2008, more recently innovating with the advanced multiscreen EE TV since 2014 providing access at any time to hundreds of free and pay-as-you-go channels and thousands of On-Demand content from our Content partners (BBC, Youtube, NOW TV, hayu etc…).
Today, Netgem is expanding its Product portfolio with further innovations both in terms of Devices (first all-in-one TV and Soundbar with ‘SoundBox’) and Content (Freeview Play with all catch-up from the main British broadcasters as well as the best from Premium On-Demand with first to market launching Amazon Prime Video combined on a TV box).
Netgem is on a trajectory of rapid expansion of its distribution channels in 2018-19, with various commercial models (B2B2C, B2C), whilst maintaining and growing the EETV base remains a priority as this is our channel with the biggest scale in the UK.
What do we offer consumers?
- We power Netgem.TV, the most advanced TV service in the UK: an interactive and simple personalised TV experience on Set-Top-Boxes, smartphones and tablets – giving end customers access to the best of free content (Freeview Play, YouTube etc) and the best programmes from the most popular streaming services (Amazon Prime Video, Now TV etc).
- Software: an innovative set of applications that deliver a cost-effective way to enhance TV viewing experience across any screen in the home or on the move.
- Hardware: Compact and powerful set-top-boxes and innovative new devices (eg. the two in one “SoundBox” range)
What do we offer our employees?
Netgem UK is an ambitious, fast-paced, entrepreneur-style business within a robust and established technology group. It is a place where employees work hard and all in the same direction as one team, looking forward. It is also an inclusive place where employees can blossom and grow both themselves and their role. Finally, it’s a place where employees can have fun, with regular social events, the odd beer in the office, and hackathons.
We offer a competitive salary dependant on experience and we do consider high performing apprentices for full-time positions at the end of their apprenticeship.
As part of the development of our B2B activity, Netgem UK is looking for a new apprentice to support the deployments of new telecoms operators who will bundle netgem.tv to their broadband services.
The Commercial and Marketing apprentice uses the digital marketing skills obtained to accelerate market readiness for those operators, help them with their website, to have impactful and relevant content-rich imagery and copy.
The Commercial and Marketing apprentice is also commercially minded! They can learn quickly how the sales process works for telecoms operators and EE agents in particular and is able to produce material that SELLS the TV service.
Our new apprentice will work in an innovative and dynamic environment from our central London office (Holborn) within a small commercial team organised by distribution channel (EE, UK ISPs, Amazon Retail etc) and will work closely with our Comms & Marketing team.
- Support new telecom provider launches with all marketing mix (copy, imagery, web)
- In charge of content marketing (with the likes of Now TV, Rakuten, Hayu, Hopster and many more) for promotions from ISPs, EE or Netgem Uk retail activities
- Lead on EE agent facing activities in call centres and retail, and produce the supporting material (collateral, educational videos) for those activities
- Support agent facing marketing material for new ISPs and for EE
- Facilitate agent briefings for new ISPs and for EE
- Support the overall sales and marketing effort for Netgem UK
Skills and experience needed
- Strong knowledge of Illustrator/Photoshop/Adobe Suite
- Lots of common sense
- Be “startup” compatible: proactive, energetic, have ideas, and ambition
“Good to have” skills
- Digital/social media trend awareness
- Experience in web design and/or in e-commerce
- Experience in working in a retail shop and/or in a call centre
- Some knowledge of WordPress / Web designing
Kingsway House, 103 Kingsway Street, London, WC2B 6QX
204 total views, 3 today