Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Communications Apprentice at Great Places Housing Group in Manchester
The communications apprentice will be given real role-related work experience in communications, supported by a mentor from a relevant area of the business, and the opportunity to work towards a nationally recognised professional qualification with the help of lead professionals from within the department. The communications apprentice will work closely with the communication function to provide innovative insights and guidance on new communication technologies to deliver communications that achieves demonstrable results.
A normal day would include:
Design, write and edit magazines, case studies, speeches, articles, annual reports and other communication materials across digital and face-to-face communications.
Write informative and engaging articles and copy for case studies, blog posts, press releases, emails, the website and award entries.
Work closely with the team to deliver innovative campaigns that create impact internally and externally.
Gather analytics to help inform internal and external communication approaches.
Complete business research across the organisation to identify newsworthy stories and capture feedback.
Develop stories and content that inspire people to think differently and learn from others.
Engage with staff across the business to identify ways to address communication needs.
Deliver content for regular communication channels to keep employees up to date and informed of what’s happening across the business.
Support events such as management conferences, road shows and conferences.
Suggest new ideas to develop cutting-edge solutions to technologies that develop better ways of communicating.
What you could go on to do:
This apprenticeship position will provide you with the opportunity to complete the required training to become experienced within the Communications function of a growing business.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role. The employer will also provide you with a workplace mentor to support your development within the role as well as lots of additional training and development opportunities and enable you to participate in a range of organisational projects to enhance the skills you develop even further.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
Any training you need to complete
What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
About the company:
Great Places Housing Group is a modern, forward-looking profit-for-purpose organisation. Our vision is to create great homes in great communities, which would not be achievable without the great people in Great Places’ workforce. Whilst social purpose is very much at the core of what we do we balance this responsibly with a commercial perspective to ensure our vision is sustainable in the longer term.
- Qualified to minimum GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and maths
- A recent degree at 2:2 or above in a relevant subject/appropriate qualification and degree
- Ability to complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage a number of tasks concurrently
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues and other stakeholders to give information/find information/resolve problems
- Ability to work on own initiative, but understand level of responsibility within the team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to deliver a high standard of customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Methodical and creative approach to solving queries
- Organisation and ability to time-manage own work load
- Strong IT and digital skills including Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- The ability to develop and project a positive image of Great Places in person, over the phone and in writing
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to relate to, collaborate and influence both senior and junior-level stakeholders.
- Good understanding of measurement and how to deliver communications that achieves results.
- The ability to motivate, inspire and influence a large and diverse workforce by example and persuasion.
Personal qualities required:
- A high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work flexibly and when needed outside normal working hours
- Able to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
- Ambitious with a personal drive to succeed
- Commitment to work in partnership with others for the benefit of Great Places
- Personally positive and highly motivated
- Professional and value led with integrity, inclusivity and respect for diversity
- The ability to work well during periods of change or uncertainty
- Willingness to learn and ambition to become a leader within your chosen field
- An understanding of the value of customer excellence and service impact
- Results driven and proactive.
- Strong team player.
- Good commercial awareness and insight.
- Self-reliant and resilient.
- Commitment to work in partnership with others for the benefit of Great Places.
- Ability to travel between sites and to meet external commitments.
- Ability to work flexibly and when needed outside normal working hours.
2A Derwent Avenue, Manchester, M21 7QP
86 total views, 6 today