Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Integrity is an ethical consultancy and service provider within the International Development sector working in challenging and complex environments around the globe. We deliver seven complementary services: project management and implementation/monitoring, evaluation and learning/research, evidence and analysis/stakeholder engagement/capacity development/risk management/data and knowledge management.
Integrity has offices in the US, UK, Jordan and Kenya. Our multi-national team of over 50 specialists deliver complex programs in fragile geographies.
The scope of work:
The Design Apprentice position is a paid apprenticeship opportunity on a 15 month employment contract. The apprentice will get hands-on experience in document production, marketing and communications, graphic design and administration in a fast-paced company in the private sector of international development work. The Design Apprentice will work within a small Marketing and Communications team which includes a previous Design Apprentice.
Terms of Reference:
Graphic Design and Document production (70% LoE)
Production of professional, client-facing documents
- Designing and populating templates to turn MS Office-produced reports and project documents (including presentations) into stylish, publishable-quality documents;
- Using a range of tools (MS Office, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro) to create and design graphics, data visualisations, infographics and to edit images;
- Liaising with Project Sponsors to define briefs and schedule production;
- Support getting proposal capability statements and other documents ready for submission to clients;
- Copy-editing and proofreading work to ensure that completed documents are delivered accurately and to an appropriately high standard;
Production of marketing materials
- Managing the update of physical marketing materials in Integrity’s London office,
- Managing the design, procurement and distribution of business cards, event materials, hard-copy report printing.
General Administration (30% LoE)
- Maintain streamlined and well-organised repositories for Integrity documents, marketing materials and photography folders;
- Building, managing and deploying Integrity’s image stock library.
- Create designs and help maintain and update Integrity’s website (visualisations, project summaries, infographics)
- Support text and imagery on Integrity’s website, including project delivery information, staff profiles, job postings and news articles.
- Demonstrable knowledge of MS Word, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Some knowledge of WordPress would be useful;
- Proven ability to work to a specific brief and house-style using styles and schemes;
- Proven ability to work to deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English;
- a flexible and proactive approach;
- An interest in international development or a related field is useful but not necessary.
- Skills and experience in copy-editing and proofreading useful but not necessary.
Somerset House, Strand, London, WC2R 1LA
550 total views, 9 today