Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Deskside Support Apprentice at AXA Group in London
AXA XL provides insurance and risk management products and services for mid-sized companies through to large multinationals, as well as reinsurance solutions to insurance companies globally.
AXA XL has a leading presence in the Lloyd’s of London insurance market, we have over 30 specialist business areas (known as ‘lines of business’) and are leading player in specialty insurance, including Aerospace, Fine Art & Specie, Marine, Motor, Political Risk and Crisis Management.
AXA XL are the number 1 Global Property & Casualty commercial lines insurer by gross written premium (GWP)
- market capacity of $70 Billion which is one of the largest in the insurance industry
- GWP of $17.6 Billion
- Clients in over 200 countries
- 99% of the UK FTSE 100 companies as clients and over 90% of the Fortune 500
The Deskside Support team are part of the wider IT Service Management department and act as the bridge between IT infrastructure and service management. They work on single user issues that require a physical hands on fix across Desktops, Laptops, Printers, AV/VC, Telephony, Networks, Remote Access, Security Systems and Core Applications.
The Deskside apprenticeship is a 2 year programme, during which you will work towards a qualification that is relevant to the work you are undertaking as an Apprentice. As a Deskside Support Apprentice you will be required to successfully complete a level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship qualification. You will receive learning support for this qualification through our apprenticeship programme training partner.
The team is made up of 10 Analysts who support the UK and Ireland business.
As a Deskside Support Apprentice you will learn and develop the requisite skills to be able to support colleagues in the UK and Ireland with;
- Resolving complex and everyday service requests and issues relating to client computer hardware and software problems
- Providing assistance and follow-up on colleague inquiries
- Performing client computer hardware and software installations.
- Resolving IT issues and requests and managing colleague expectations.
- Providing Deskside Support to AXA XL colleagues which includes: Desktops, Laptops, Printers, AV/VC, Telephony, Networks, Remote Access, Security Systems and Core Applications.
- Providing IT support that enables colleagues to achieve their team and business goals/objectives.
- Troubleshooting and repair any hardware/software issues that can’t be resolved by Global Service Desk which includes more complex issues such as: machine rebuilds, hardware diagnostics, new installs (IT hardware such as laptops, desktops, mobile devices, peripherals)
- Providing timely support services to all colleagues, ensuring service levels are maintained and all requests are properly tracked and responded to. Focus is on maintaining ownership of the issue and providing consistent and timely resolutions.
- Where requested or allocated, taking responsibility for delivery of non time critical ‘small works’ requests
- Feeding requests for Changes to the production estate to the Infrastructure Services Manager, or Infrastructure Development Team Leads
- Ensuring that a knowledge base of past issues encountered is maintained and used via the Service Now Knowledge Management system
- Feeding into Major Incident Management and Problem Management processes as required
Personal attributes and skills:
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- You will have a real passion for IT and fixing broken technology
- As part of the Deskside Support team you will interact with business users at all levels so confident written and verbal communications skills are essential
- Basic understanding of Microsoft office programmes (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) will be beneficial
- You will have Mathematics and English to grade C or higher at GCSE (or equivalent)
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and research abilities.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with a drive for results.
- A high level of intellectual capability and curiosity.
- Passion for solving puzzles through collaboration and innovation.
- Legal Authorization to work in the country in which the position is posted.
What we do
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a strong and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
Learn more at axaxl.com
Diversity & Inclusion
We know that a diverse workforce and inclusive culture enable business growth and are critical to our success. That’s why we have made a strategic commitment to attracting and retaining the most diverse workforce possible, while creating a strong, inclusive culture where everyone is welcome and can contribute and reach their highest potential.
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index – 2017, 2018
- Signatory to the CEO Action for Diversity
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
- Twelve Colleague Resource Groups around the Globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: 20 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0BG
254 total views, 14 today