Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Desktop Support Apprentice at Moorcrofts in Marlow
As a Desktop Support Apprentice, you’ll be first in line when a problem arises with desktop or laptop computers. You’ll be troubleshooting problems both in person and remotely, helping to restore computers to working condition. Working as part of the IT team, you’ll be involved in tasks like installing, configuring, testing and servicing desktop and laptop computers.
You’ll also have the opportunity to learn a number of technologies in a supportive environment including:
Windows Server, Mac OS, Linux, Active Directory, Exchange, Group Policy LDAP, SNMP, DNS, SQL, VMware, Veeam, Docker, PFsense, Confluence and VOIP.
About the company
Moorcrofts are based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire and is a one-stop-shop law firm for entrepreneurs setting up a new business. We specialise in corporate law, contract law, technology law, employment law and commercial property.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be providing day-to-day support for local and remote users
- You’ll be supporting desktops & laptops (Windows & Mac OS), smart phones, network printers, VOIP phone system and fax
- You’ll be setting up computers and configuring accounts for new employees
- You’ll be making workflow optimisation suggestions and document procedures
You’ll be great for this role if:
- You have strong customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- You can present ideas in user-friendly language
- You’ve set up a Raspberry Pi
- You take client confidentiality seriously
Thames House, Mere Park, Dedmere Road, Marlow, Bucks, SL7 1PB
157 total views, 3 today