Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Neon is a bold, agile underwriter within the London market. We focus on specialist insurance and provide our clients with dynamic and innovative insurance solutions.
We employ over 200 people globally, with offices in London, Guernsey, Italy and Bermuda.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Prepare accounting journals
- Prepare bank reconciliation
- Assist with monthly and quarterly close processes
- Assist with the preparation of statutory accounts
- Assist with expense payments and reporting
- Assist with the preparation of audit files
- Assist with credit control information
- Assist with production of balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the Quarterly VAT return preparation
- Accountable for the effective management of owned risks or controls as detailed in the company’s Risk Framework
- Work with manager to ensure that risks associated with own role are understood and managed
- Assist in identifying and implementing processes to control risks particularly with own role
- Responsible for reporting any existing or new risks, as well as significant control failings/weaknesses or events that may arise, to the Risk team or your manager
- Maintain an understanding of and complies with all relevant FCA / PRA / Lloyd’s regulatory requirements and other relevant regulatory requirements
- Maintain our SOX controls
- Maintain a clear understanding of the Health and Safety policies
- Comply with all relevant company policies and procedures at all times
- In performing your role, you are required to pay due regard to the interests of Neon’s customers to ensure they receive fair treatment at all times
- You must behave ethically at all times, so as to safeguard not only Neon’s reputation and brand, but that of Lloyd’s also.
Data Entry, Recording & Reporting
Accurately maintain and share data in accordance with company data governance policies, ensuring the right information is available to the right people at the right time
Innovation: Use your imagination and be creative. Re-invent, re-engineer, make things better. Ask ‘why’? Be brave
Ambition: have it not only for the firm but for yourself. Our people have get up and go. Think big and make it happen
Collaboration: share and be generous with your time, your ideas and your knowledge. It will almost always pay off.
Consideration: for clients, your colleagues, suppliers, the environment. Show respect and dignity in the way you work, at all times. Build your relationships on a foundation of trust and integrity.
- Willingness to study for an accounting qualification
21 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0BG
975 total views, 3 today