Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Finance Apprentice at Great Places Housing Group in Manchester
The apprentice: Finance will be given real role-related work experience in financial accounting and financial reporting, supported by a mentor from the senior finance team, and the opportunity to work towards a nationally recognised professional qualification with the help of lead professionals from within the department.
You will attend process routine financial transactions like invoices, rents and payments You will undertake reconciliations to ensure the accuracy of the financial data. You will gain an understanding of the workings of all parts of finance, as part of wider understanding of finance.
A normal day would include:
Talking to suppliers about queries on their accounts. Talking to budget holder to resolve queries with invoices. Talking to colleagues to allow you to allocate customers rents
What you could go on to do:
This apprenticeship position will provide you with the opportunity to complete the required training to become an Accounting Technician. There may be opportunities for successful applicants to progress into a permanent role with the employer as a supervisor, financial accountant, management accountant, with a career path and further development which could lead you to a head of service or even finance director
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role. The employer will also provide you with a workplace mentor to support your development within the role as well as lots of additional training and development opportunities and enable you to participate in a range of organisational projects to enhance the skills you develop even further.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
About the company:
Great Places Housing Group is a modern, forward-looking profit-for-purpose organisation. Our vision is to create great homes in great communities, which would not be achievable without the great people in Great Places’ workforce. Whilst social purpose is very much at the core of what we do we balance this responsibly with a commercial perspective to ensure our vision is sustainable in the longer term.
- A requirement to meet the key criteria for and undertake training as required under the Apprenticeship programme
- Methodical approach to solving queries
- Ability to work on own initiative, but understand level of responsibility within the team
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people
- Ability to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks concurrently
- Ability to complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner when working under pressure
- Good written and verbal communication
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues and other stakeholders to give information/find information/resolve problems
- Organisation and ability to time-manage work load
- Able to deliver a high standard of customer service
- The ability to develop and project a positive image of Great Places through personal, written and oral skills
- Personally positive and highly motivated
- A high level of attention to detail
- The ability to work well during periods of change or uncertainty
- Able to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
- Professional and value led with integrity, inclusivity and respect for diversity
- Commitment to work in partnership with others for the benefit of Great Places
- Ability to work flexibly and when needed outside normal working hours
- Ambitious with a personal drive to succeed
Qualified to minimum GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and maths
2A Derwent Avenue, Manchester, M21 7QP
73 total views, 3 today