Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Finance Apprentice at LandAid in Haymarket
- To ensure compliance with the purchasing, sales and expense financial system and procedures
- Ensure prompt recording of invoices and that effective control is exercised over account payables and accounts receivable
- Arrange payments on their due dates in accordance with agreed credit terms
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts between the accounting records and bank statements.
- Daily preparation of purchase ledger invoices for authorisation
- Collate authorised invoices with purchase orders into purchase ledger batches for processing to Xero, having verified coding and authorisation within agreed limits (daily)
- Process purchase ledger batches for payment within the agreed cycle, ensuring the highest level of accuracy. Ensure all invoices are paid in accordance with agreed credit terms and that full discount is deducted, where applicable
- Review and reconcile supplier statements to supplier accounts. Clear all outstanding queries in a timely manner and advise originating department of any contentious issues
- Post cheques and remittance advice slips to suppliers/beneficiaries immediately after approval
- Process exceptional manual cheque payments as and when required
- Reconcile the purchase ledger to the nominal control account on a regular basis 1.8 Scan all purchase invoices so as to retain copies for auditing
- Maintain an effective filing system for the effective control of purchase ledger invoices and payments, until payments made, and documents scanned.
- Accurate invoicing and processing to the sales ledger, including ‘Requests for Payment’ where donations are being made
- Communicate with the team about invoicing schedules
- Prepare reports as requested and help develop a more informative database
- Reconcile the Sales ledger to the nominal control account on a regular basis
- Reporting on debtors to Head of Finance and others as necessary.
- Check that all expense claims received are correctly authorised, coded, totalled and supported by documentation where appropriate
- Post expense claims to Xero on a daily basis
- Scan all documents after payment.
- Cash book control and posting of all bank accounts; receipts and payments
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations within two days of the month end for all bank accounts. Ensure all reconciliation items are followed through to completion and that the Head of Finance signs off the reconciliations
- Contribute to the monthly reconciliation of income on the bank statement with Salesforce
- Monthly income recording. Assist with the monthly reconciliation of income from Salesforce with the bank accounts within the first few days of the month end.
- To assist with the monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts –assets and liabilities
- To assist with the year-end and the audit
- To assist the Fundraising Team with income reconciliation and gift aid claims.
- Bank postal receipts daily
- Behave in a manner that reflects the charity’s values
- To undertake other tasks as requested by the line manager
- To provide cover for the Head of Finance in periods of absence for holidays and sickness
The purpose of this job description is to focus attention on the most important aspects of the role. It is not intended to be a complete list of duties; therefore it is expected that the day to day performance of the job will include tasks not listed above.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- High standard of numeracy and literacy
- Demonstrate a connection to the LandAid values
- Good controller with an eye for detail and able to adhere to systems.
- Must have the confidence to articulate clear recommendations based on experience, and respectfully challenge viewpoints when appropriate and necessary.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Flexible and organised
- Self-motivated, team worker with ability to work autonomously as required
- Have a positive approach to work, particularly to new initiatives.
- Some unsociable hours
- Willingness to travel (UK)
St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, London, SW1Y 4QX
267 total views, 9 today