Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Finance Transactions Assistant Officers Apprenticeships at the Home Office in Sheffield
This is a fantastic opportunity to earn whilst you develop your skills and knowledge. Working for one of the largest and most diverse Government Departments we will coach you through developing the skills you need for a successful career in finance.
We are looking for people with the potential to succeed in rewarding and challenging roles across finance to complete an apprenticeship that will give you the opportunity to:
• Gain nationally recognised qualifications including an AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Level 3 apprenticeship
• Develop a wide range of skills and experience that will prepare you for a career both inside and outside the Civil Service
The Home Office’s finance team is a dynamic and forward-looking place to work with the team providing a full range of financial support, such as transactions and year-end accounts. We value every person that works in the directorate and have high expectations of them. In return, you can expect interesting and varied work as well as world-class learning and development support to help you complete your apprenticeship successfully. It is a hugely satisfying career and one that offers an opportunity for increasing responsibility and reward.
The apprenticeship will provide an interesting and varied role with the chance to make a real difference. You will receive on-the-job training to help you carry out your role as well as time away from your daily duties to complete learning for your apprenticeship. You will have the chance to take responsibility for many different tasks with duties that will include, but not be limited to:
• General administrative support and processing transactions
• Working on projects
• Using MS Office & Oracle
• Liaising with stakeholders and clients providing excellent customer service
• Managing information and data
We are looking for apprentices with strong written and verbal communication, who work well with others and are proficient in using IT and have fast and accurate data entry skills. You will also need to be able to work flexibly, meet deadlines under pressure and provide excellent customer service.
As well as a competitive starting salary, comprehensive training and support apprentices with also benefit from a commitment to learning and development, competitive pension and 25 days annual leave plus 1 privilege day and 8 bank holidays per year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at the Home Office. We are committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people are able to bring their whole selves to work and perform at their best.
You will need to consider if you can say yes to the following in order to be eligible to apply:
• I am a UK, British Commonwealth, or European Economic Area (EEA) national. Certain non EEA members (Swiss nationals, and in some circumstances Turkish nationals) are also eligible to apply
• I hold a fully valid passport (typically a British Passport)
• I am at least 18 years old at the time of application (2nd March 2018)
• I have already been awarded GCSE Maths AND English Language Grades A-C / Scale 3-9 (or equivalent)
• I will be able to provide a copy of my GCSE Maths and English Language (or equivalent) qualification or I am happy to obtain a copy now and provide proof at my interview
• I understand that the Home Office will complete security checks on me and I will need to pass a security clearance before being offered an apprenticeship
283 total views, 6 today