Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Clifford Chance is one of the world’s leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has an unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Human Resources management forms a key part of the firm’s infrastructure and it is an important part of the firm’s global strategy to attract, motivate and retain the best quality people across the firm and to become a recognised employer of choice. The Human Resources team in London is developing and implementing a People Strategy, within the firm’s guidelines, which will prioritise career development and support, effective performance management and client focus as the main threads for achieving the firm’s objectives.
The HR team has implemented a shared services model, with our centralised shared services function having responsibility for all day-to-day HR operational issues. The HR Apprentice will support the HR team when they are providing Partners, managers and employees with quality service and rapid response to resolve queries or carry out requests within the scope of the role.
As an HR Apprentice in the HR Advice team you will be required to assist the team in:
- Filing and maintaining paper files in the HR filing room;
- Inputting and maintaining accurate employee records (system and paper files) using appropriate HR systems including PeopleSoft, Workday and a CMT Helpdesk system, as well as some external databases;
- resolving queries and cases from a range of HR specialisms to support the wider HR team and the Firm;
- providing accurate, timely and consistent front-line HR advice to Clifford Chance Partners, managers, and employees through the 6006 Helpdesk and HR Advice email address
- allocating cases timely and correctly to the relevant HR Advisor
- completing HR administration activities and provide assistance relating to the employee lifecycle, for example, onboarding new joiners, maternity, leavers and promotions
- providing information and assistance on the use of self-service and using the HR intranet.
- HR Advice occasionally provides assistance to other areas of the HR department; therefore, flexibility is required.
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate will be required to undertake the Human Resources Support Level 3 apprenticeship standard.
Skills: Attention to detail is essential, as is the ability to get on with people in a team, to have a flexible approach and a strong work ethic. Confidence, common-sense and initiative are important, together with good communication skills (both written and spoken).
Experience: Any experience of a client facing role is useful. Reliability and enthusiasm are important.
Knowledge: Keyboard skills. Word and Excel ideal but training provided.
Qualifications: Good GSCEs, especially in written English, preferable. Ideally 2 A-levels (or equivalent) grade A-C
The Firm’s competencies are as follows:
The ability to gather and analyse information and to use the results of that analysis to make effective decisions and find innovative solutions to problems.
The ability to communicate clearly, persuasively and with sensitivity, both orally and in writing.
Commitment to both Clifford Chance and its clients*, demonstrated in the drive to improve both quality of delivery and personal performance.
The ability to lead and manage others, both by contributing to the vision of the organisation and by enabling others to develop themselves.
The ability to plan and organise yourself and others effectively in order to meet business priorities.
The ability to form working relationships with others, both inside and outside of Clifford Chance, and to use those relationships to benefit both individuals and the organisation.
The ability to see the role in the broader context of the organisation as a whole and its clients, and to use that knowledge to drive action.
Clifford Chance believes in equality of opportunity regardless of gender, age, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, disability or sexual orientation. If you are unable to access the Internet to apply for a position online due to disability, please contact our Recruitment team on Telephone: + 44 20 7006 3003.
10 Upper Bank Street, London, E14 5JJ
296 total views, 7 today