Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
OIEG is a Private Equity-backed, rapidly growing organisation that requires an HR Apprentice to support the HR team.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wish to pursue a career in the HR field. The HR Apprentice will provide efficient administrative support to the HR & Payroll function working closely with the HR & Payroll team to ensure the smooth running of the department. The successful candidate will be required to undertake the Human Resources Support Level 3 apprenticeship standard administered by Arch Apprentices.
Oxford International is a well-established and highly successful business renowned for providing exceptionally high-quality education and educational travel provision for well over twenty years. Oxford International’s journey over this time is a story of rapid development which has been fuelled by organic growth and strategic acquisitions. The result is a circa £80 million turnover business which is now primed for a new wave of growth and expansion in terms of operations, partnerships, student numbers and revenue.
A key focus for this role is administration and supporting the HR & Payroll team. As such, you will be required to work closely with the wider HR team across the group and provide support at various aspects of the HR function covering the full employee life cycle from recruitment, induction to exit coordinating the multi-site office needs. You will find more details about the role in the job description & person specification.
OIEG is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Main duties and responsibilities
As an HR Apprentice in the HR team you will be required to:
- Undertake duties supporting the recruitment and selection function including issuing contracts, DBS and pre-employment checks; chasing references and any other associated duties
- Maintain accurate and up to date employee records on the HR information system and in employee files (electronic), capturing new starter documentation, contracts and passport copies etc.
- Collect, copy and verify right to work documents for new employees
- Ensure signed contracts and new starter forms are returned to the HR department
- Post job adverts and circulate applications as directed
- Ensure that probation and appraisal forms are followed up on
- Assist with ad-hoc HR projects
HR Information Systems:
- Maintain corporate employee records on our HR Information system, People Inc
- Run reports from People Inc. (headcount, sickness, payroll etc.)
- Train new staff on the ESS (Employee Self Service online function)
- Train new staff on submitting online timesheets
- Send new starter login details for the ESS
- Provide efficient and professional administrative support to the HR Manager
- Set up all new starters on the People Inc.
- Maintain accurate and up to date personnel records on People Inc.
- Ensure the collection of documents from all staff for payroll including new starter forms and tax forms
- Send out P45’s (monthly)
- Make sure that employees have submitted online timesheets in a timely fashion meeting the payroll deadline
- Eligibility to live and work in in the UK
- Undergo an Enhanced DBS disclosure check or overseas equivalent
- 3 A – Levels (or equivalent) either predicted or achieved A* – C
- GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English Grade A* – C (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in a professional environment
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to organise and prioritise a varied workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to work to deadlines
- Committed to developing a career in Human Resources
- Demonstrates self-motivation and ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrates respect for diversity
- Recognises the importance of building sound working relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Consistently demonstrates a ‘can do’ approach to work
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of using an HR system
- Basic knowledge of Employment Legislation
- Competent user of social media platforms such as LinkedIn
259 Greenwich High Road, London, SE10 8NB
252 total views, 10 today