Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
HR Assistant Apprentice at Merkle in London
We are recruiting for a HR Assistant to provide a comprehensive, professional and effective HR service across Merkle UK. You will act in a key operations support role for the Merkle UK HR function, based in our London Office in St Katharine Docks. This role will report into the Senior HR Manager and will support all Merkle UK employees.
You will be the first point of contact for all HR-related queries, managing the HR operational processes associated with all areas of HR including but not limited to:
– Inputting new starters, leavers and employee changes into our HR Information System (Workday)
– Capture contract variations and changes to employee data and produce the required paperwork
– Manage the leavers process
– Maintain electronic personnel filing system and ensure employee files are up to date
– Maintain records for Fixed Term Contracts, and proactively manage FTC completion dates
– Arranging induction meetings for new starters
– Support in the preparation of training materials for workshops
– Develop and propose enhancements to HR processes
– Assist with project delivery, project management and analytical support, as required
As our team is currently evolving and driving integration activities there are therefore many opportunities in addition to the essential day-to-day operations to get involved in and own. In addition, we are on a mission to enhance the way we do things around here so it’s part of all of our roles that we take the initiative to develop and propose enhancements to HR administrative processes.
LIFE AS AN HR ASSISTANT AT MERKLE
This is a new role to Merkle UK, we’ve never offered an HR Apprenticeship before, but feel that an apprentice will bring fresh perspective and drive into our team. You will be working with an exceptionally friendly HR team with a breadth and depth of experience who really value development. If you are willing to learn, we are willing to teach. If our business continues to grow at the rate we have been over the past 12 months, we see that the person in this role will have great opportunities for personal growth.
Your HR Apprenticeship with Merkle will introduce many of the key activities undertaken by Human Resources and the skills required to be an effective HR practitioner. Whilst studying you will become a student member of the CIPD giving you access to essential resources for your study and career success. You’ll work towards a recognised industry qualification, giving you Associate professional membership of the CIPD and finish the programme with everything you need to take your next step as a Human Resources professional.
A FEW OF THE BENEFITS
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or getting involved in our many social events, people love working here – and we hope you will too! Here are our key benefits:
– HR Apprenticeship
– Career development through Merkle University & Lynda.com – with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
– Company Pension – we double your contributions up to 5%
– Life Insurance
– Season ticket loan
– Option to buy additional holiday
– A fully funded social committee – this month we’re doing a bake-off and go-karting all on Merkle!
– Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
– Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch once a month
– Four Thirsty – have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
– A selection of other industry standard benefits
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
– Strong administration skills are absolutely essential, you must have the ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
– Great interpersonal skills with the confidence and ability to converse and liaise at all levels
– Proactive and can-do attitude.
– Be able to work on own initiative and demonstrate tenacity
– Able to handle sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Exceptional organisation and planning skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise across duties and projects
– Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and meet tight deadlines
– IT expertise including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
– Comfortable with new technologies as we’ll be training you to use Workday
– Ability to work collaboratively
– Excellent customer service skills
– A passion for Human Resources
– You will be highly driven and determined to build a career not just get a job. •
– Most importantly, you must enjoy working with people!
– Three A-Levels grade A* – C (or 240 UCAS points or new tariff equivalent)
– Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers (college/sixth form/secondary school) and non-graduates for the role.
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
102 total views, 5 today