Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
HR Support Apprentice
Key focus of job:
To provide administrative support to the HR team at LSH, mainly working with the Learning & Development and HR Operations functions on a 50/50 time split. You will take ownership of some of the key admin processes and be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of some of our systems and databases. You will also provide admin support for early career recruitment, various projects and training events. Whilst doing so you will be gaining valuable insight and experience into the workings of a functioning HR team.
The HR Support Level 3 apprenticeship develops the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in an HR career. Apprentices gain an internationally recognised CIPD qualification as part of the HR apprenticeship alongside the latest thinking from industry experts. Successful completion of the apprenticeship enables apprentices to apply for Associate Membership (Assoc CIPD) of the CIPD. Under the apprenticeship agreement, 20% of your time (equiv.1 day a week) will be dedicated to studying for your qualification.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Setting up new starters on the CoreHR and e-days systems in a timely manner
- Monitor e-days to ensure all absences and annual leave are being correctly recorded
- Ensuring Papershrink (document scanning system) is up to date with the correct documentation.
- Chasing employees for any outstanding documents
- Maintain Papershrink by ensuring new documents are added and files are kept up to date.
- Assisting with the processing of HR-related invoices
- Assisting with ad-hoc HR projects when required.
- Preparation of new starter contracts and offer packs.
Talent & Development
- Maintaining the training records on CoreHR. Adding new courses, updating course information and assisting employees with course booking enquiries.
- Booking venues, rooms and trainers for courses and assist with handling course related queries.
- Assisting with the arrangement of the LSH talent development programme
- Liaising with reception in providing names and numbers and room requirements for in-house training.
- Assisting with the graduate and placement student recruitment programme each year between October and February. This will involve booking and attending some career fairs, liaising with applicants and assisting with the organisation of interviews and assessment centres in December/January.
- Assisting with the Summer Intern recruitment programme each year between April and May
- Assisting with the graduate rotation process in our London office twice a year.
- Assisting with the recruitment and set-up of apprenticeships.
- Handling general training and ‘early career’ recruitment enquiries both internally and externally.
- Liaising with graduates and assisting with APC/Graduate/placement training enquiries.
- One day a week you will be studying for a CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate in Human Resource Practice.
- Must already have English and Maths GCSEs at Grade C (4) or above and a total of five GCSEs.
- Must have lived in the UK or EU for the past three years
- Experience of general office and/or HR admin roles beneficial (but not essential)
- Computer literacy, specifically in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of client requirements
- Enjoys the clear confidence and respect of clients
- Collects, reviews and acts upon client feedback
- Researches into current and future client requirements
- Demonstrates an awareness of market trends
- Ability to communicate clearly, politely and professionally with colleagues and contractors at all levels.
- Polite, friendly and approachable
- Presents a professional image when dealing with colleagues and contractors
- Demonstrates ambition and commitment to self-development
- Highly organised
- Team Player
- Honest and possess integrity
- Constantly seeks to improve personal and team service delivery
- Demonstrates good attention to detail by regularly producing carefully prepared, accurate work
- Understands and listens to others’ requirements
- Demonstrates co-operation and willingness to work with others
- Private Healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Cover
- Pension – access to NEST and SIPP
- 25 days holiday
- Season ticket loan
Greenwood House, 91-99 New London Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0PP
774 total views, 5 today