Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Human Resources Apprentice at Fair Finance in Dalston
Fair Finance is a social business with ambitious plans to revolutionise financial services to give everyone a Fair chance. Our vision is to scale our alternative to the high cost lending market and help reduce financial exclusion across the UK.
We believe in employing, growing and building around exceptional people who share our values. We actively engage with our employees to reinforce our culture of responsibility, sustainability and transparency. The HR team at Fair Finance work hard to support this vision through the provision of high quality succession and business planning, recruitment, performance management and training & development.
About the role
As an HR Apprentice you will work closely with the HR Manager to provide professional, timely and proactive HR support to all employees. You will help with the implementation of services, policies, and programs and be creative in meeting the needs of your clients, supporting them in a busy customer focused environment.
You will work together to ensure that day to day administration and operation of the HR function runs smoothly, allowing us to provide quality people management support, engaging with employees through effective communication and creating a supportive working environment.
You will be responsible for:
- HR Administration and Information Systems; maintaining employee files, entering and maintaining data in our on-line HR system and recording and using HR information to produce ad hoc reports including turnover and sickness. As the subject matter expert you will also be responsible for answering employee questions about the system and supporting them to resolve systems issues. Manage the agenda for our quarterly all company team meetings, preparing the appropriate documentation, keeping track of work anniversaries and organising awards for long service and performance.
- Recruitment Co-ordination; working with the HR Manager to initiate the recruitment process, posting job adverts to our internal recruitment system and external jobs boards, organising CVs, scheduling interviews and assisting in the interview process and managing communication with candidates. You will be responsible for all administration involved in the recruitment process.
- New joiner and leaver planning and administration; producing offer letters, preparing new joiner files and ensuring background and reference checks are complete. Setting up appropriate new joiner accounts for our HR software and any benefits platforms, conducting new joiner meetings including completing the appropriate new joiner documentation, ensuring the appropriate people are aware of joiners and leavers and organising exit interviews. We would like you to work towards conducting exit interviews and producing useful qualitative and quantitative data from these meetings.
- Ad hoc admin work and support to the HR Manager and MD; assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of HR, processing incoming mail, booking internal and external meetings, processing invoices and expenses, purchasing stationary.
- Health & Safety; manage our day to day Health and Safety activities and provide support to ensure staff understand and comply with health and safety and environmental procedures. This will include conducting Health & Safety meetings with New Joiners and visiting our branches to ensure staff follows the appropriate guidelines.
- Benefits administration; serve as a point of contact for benefit vendors and answering employee queries. Conduct research in to potential new benefits, run employee focus groups about our current benefits.
- Performance Management; maintaining records, updating appropriate documentation and ensuring all reviews are stored centrally, administrating our annual employee engagement survey, supporting the HR manager with employee relations
- Training & Development; manage the administration and booking of internal and external training. Work with the HR Manager when analysing training needs and support them to find appropriate solutions.
You will have:
- Demonstrate through your experience, a practical and proactive approach to your work.
- Thrive in a changing environment that requires multi-tasking, excellent attention to detail and a proactive and positive approach.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to understand the needs of your clients and provide appropriate solutions.
- Advanced Computer literacy skills.
- Demonstrate discretion when handling sensitive employee data and ensure you maintain staff confidentiality at all times whilst adhering to Data protection legislation.
- The following would be an advantage; previous experience working in customer service or HR along with providing PA support, an awareness of Employment Law and current HR best practice.
Why work for Fair Finance:
- We believe in employing, growing and building around exceptional people who share our values
- We will give you the environment where you can genuinely put clients before profits and make a difference in our clients’ lives
- We are a growing and diverse organisation full of people who understand the balance between achieving business objectives and our social mission
- Our Head Office is in a shared workspace in Dalston, housing more then 300 creative businesses, social enterprises and charities
- Your annual holiday entitlement will be 20 days in addition to public holidays; we also close between Christmas and New Year; 3% matching contribution towards a stakeholder pension
18-22 Ashwin St, London, E8 3DL
142 total views, 15 today