Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Human Resources Support Apprentice at Munich RE Syndicate in London
An entry level HR administrative position to support a growing business while studying towards CIPD qualification. Exposure to various local, regional and global HR projects.
- Support the Head of HR in the development of Board and Committee submissions by drafting appropriate reports and interpreting various HR metrics for inclusion in these reports.
- Responsible for the management of various HR ancillary benefits and wellness programs. Interface with vendors. Respond to staff inquiries and make suggestions to improve programs or delivery to best align with our the employee value proposition of the company.
- Use HR reporting tools to develop visually inspired reports for board and committee meetings which allow data to be easily interpreted.
- Develop and manage the HR communications calendar, discover and recommend new and innovative communication channels and tools for use, draft communications, and ensure all communication targets are met.
- Responsible for the drafting of the quarterly staff newsletter.
- Scanning and filing of confidential HR documents
- Continuously review and assess the companies’ work environment to ensure a positive work environment. Make suggestions to improve the overall work environment and employee experience.
- Help drive forward good conduct for the business to deliver the best outcomes for clients.
- Understand all appropriate lines of escalation and the responsibilities of the Product Conduct Risk Strategy Group (PCRSG), Underwriting & Claims Sub Committee (UCSC), ExCo and Board for Conduct Risk.
Support the HR team to develop and deliver:
- HR projects
- Employee lifecycle events
- HR system
- HR policies and procedures
- HR processes
- Highly organised
- Excellent writing skills
- Analytical, ability to condense large amounts of data into meaningful information
- Strong Excel skills
- Process mind-set
- Results driven
- Digitally savvy
- Team player
- Solution oriented
- Problem solving
Competencies for the role:
- Team orientation
Work cooperatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member.
Communicate clearly and persuasively, both orally and in writing.
Get things done well and the ability to set and meet challenging goals, create own measures of excellence and constantly seek ways of improving performance.
Analyse situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and weigh up alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution.
Adapt and work effectively in different situations and to carry out a variety of tasks.
- Customer focus
Take constant care in looking after the interests of external and internal customers. Ensure that their wants, needs and expectations are given due consideration and that all efforts are made to meet them wherever fair and reasonable, in line with any standards from an industry regulator.
- Planning and prioritising
The ability to decide on courses of action, ensure that the necessary resources are available and schedule the work required to achieve a defined result in a desirable manner.
- Share knowledge
Share knowledge about the role you perform fully and willingly with others, where this is relevant, in the interests of the organisation.
Take responsibility for your own career and actively support ‘continuing professional development’.
- Commercial/business awareness
The capacity to understand the business opportunities and priorities of the organisation and constantly seek methods of ensuring that the organisation continues to be business-like and continues to meet the standards and requirements of its regulators.
Inspire individuals to give of their best in order to achieve a desired result and to maintain effective relationships with individuals and the team as a whole.
- Keyboard skills
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Project
Education and qualifications required/preferred:
- Higher education in a related field essential, HR, Communications, Business, Psychology, Law, History
- Degree educated is desirable
- Support for CIPD qualification
St Helen’s, 1 Undershaft, London, EC3A 8EE
265 total views, 4 today