Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
IT Service Desk Apprentice
The IT Service Desk Apprentice will primarily provide 1st line support to all of our customers, with a small element of 2nd line support, once the relevant experience is gained. The successful candidate will have a pro-active attitude and an aptitude for working with IT, learning how to undertake the correct analysis, prioritisation and diagnosis, leading to the swift resolution of every issue raised. They will promote the Service Desk at every opportunity and ensure that the Service Desk achieves a high level of customer satisfaction. There is also a range of administrative duties and tasks to be undertaken by this role. Coverage includes all of our office locations as well as some remote and home users.
- To act as a point of contact for all IT issues and requests via telephone email and face to face.
- Receiving, logging, triaging and correctly assigning/categorising all calls
- Escalation to the IT Support Supervisor any tickets that are close to their SLA or are not able to be resolved. May require a problem to be raised or a complaint received from the customer about the level of service received
- To ensure that all calls are recorded in the ITSM tool and that the customer’s details are checked and amended where needed
- 1st line support – troubleshooting business applications, shared applications, hardware, mobile, telecoms and printers
- Troubleshoot basic network issues
- To ensure that an accurate record of all company IT assets within the ITSM is kept and that all issues/fixes are recorded against the correct item
- Take ownership of all incidents raised on the Service Desk and follow up on the status of these on behalf of the customer and providing timely updates
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries, adhering to all service management principles
- Help provide statistics for the weekly Service Desk report on call trends
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors, ensuring that they adhere to specified SLA’s and escalating where these are about to fail
- Project support and deployment as required
- Any other reasonable task as required by the IT Department
- A passion for IT with an interest to develop in a technical support role
- An understanding of Microsoft operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7 and Office 2010/2013
- A self-motivated, pro-active individual who gains satisfaction from delivering customer focussed services
- Strong communication skills and a confident telephone manner
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
Location: Da Vinci House, Basing View, Basingstoke, RG21 4EQ
1103 total views, 1 today