Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
IT Support Apprentice
Building a family of brands for the world to love generation after generation
Pentland is the name behind some of the world’s most loved footwear and active brands. Our brands are there in the moments that matter, and being there for more people in more of those moments drives everything we do.
Our owned brands include Berghaus, Speedo, Canterbury of New Zealand, Mitre, Boxfresh, ellesse, Endura, KangaROOS, Red or Dead and SeaVees. We’re also the global licensee for Ted Baker and Karen Millen footwear, the UK licensee for Kickers, and part of a joint venture with Lacoste Chaussures.
As a family business, we believe every individual has the power to help shape our future. Our global HQ is in London, and we employ over 1,800 people across 20 countries around the world.
Your potential is our potential, and together we can build and grow brands that last.
Key Purpose of Job
What we will work together on:
We’re offering a fantastic opportunity to join our IT team as an Infrastructure Technician Apprentice! During your time at Pentland you will also get the opportunity to study towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship qualification with Arch. There’ll be lots of support along the way, and you’ll be able to learn what makes our network so special from the experts in your own team. We will help you learn how to provide first-class technical support for the employees at our site in London, and beyond when the need exists.
We have a strong people focus, we love collaborating and working together for common goals. You will get the opportunity to meet and build relationships with people at all levels of our business and receive mentoring from different people, both in IT and in the business. You will be able to build your own contacts and understand how we use our relationships to understand customers’ needs and translate them into technical solutions.
During the apprenticeship you will:
- Learn how to be to be a customer facing member of the team
- Work with different departments, functions and sites to proactively anticipate their needs and build solutions which are consumer grade, supportable and easy to use, while championing a standardised, streamlined method of operation
- Learn to build on existing skillsets to provide additional IT support activities as they arise
- Learn to build and develop networks across the business, and the world, learning about new and future technologies, including cloud technologies
- Provide 2nd line technical support to all system users
- Provide 1st line support and fixes times as part of the IT helpdesk
Using some of the below technologies:
- Windows 10 support, administration and configuration,
- Firewall configuration and upgrades.
- Security fundamentals and responding to risks identified in our perimeters.
- Network monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshooting of Microsoft Skype for Business and Office 365 suite.
- Assist with builds and configuration for Windows PC estate using SCCM.
- Active Directory administration.
- Troubleshooting of multi-function print devices.
- An understanding of TCP/IP and WAN/ LAN /Wi-Fi technologies and basic troubleshooting.
What you need to have:
- A real passion to want to work within a service role, delivering customer support to a wide user group
- A high-level understanding of the IT landscape and fundamentals (would be useful but don’t worry we will teach you along the way!)
- Logical problem solving through to resolution
- A good understanding of what is happening ‘in the Broader world’ re: technology
- Have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (including Maths and English Language)
- Educated to UK ‘A’ level or equivalent in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) Subjects or BTEC
- Be eligible to work in the UK and will not be in full-time education by January 2019
- Have lived in the UK and/or EU for 3 years
What we need to see in you
- A good team player, working with our internal and external team to deliver great solutions.
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise, communicate and manage expectations with various levels of stakeholders
- Results driven, with a desire to “go the extra mile”
- Able to deliver quality work in line within deadlines
- Able to demonstrate energy, drive, commitment and passion
This job description should be used as a guide; you may be asked to carry out other relevant duties in support of the overall role purpose.
The Pentland Centre, Lakeside, Squires Ln, London N3 2QL
331 total views, 1 today