Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Junior Analyst (Automotive) at Haymarket in Twickenham
The Haymarket Skills Academy is now in its fifth year, providing unparalleled opportunities in media. Our award-winning apprenticeships are a fantastic way to gain industry experience whilst also receiving an accredited qualification.
As part of our next intake of apprentices starting in September we are now looking for a Junior Analyst to join our Business Intelligence/Analytics team, in our Automotive Division.
Haymarket Media Group is one of the world’s leading international specialist media, tech and information companies.
Haymarket operates more than 70 market-leading brands created by world-class experts in locations in the UK, the US, Hong Kong, Singapore, India and Germany. Our brands connect millions of highly engaged people across digital, mobile, print and live media.
We are a company who are defined by our values and we are committed to supporting all our people to develop themselves and achieve their potential..
The Role & The Team
You will be working on an exciting Greenfield BI project and will gain exposure to many projects and support tasks that add value and insight to departments within Haymarket Automotive, working on our key brands: What Car?, PistonHeads and Autocar.
What you will Learn:
- Web Analytics (Google Analytics)
- Working in an Agile/Kanban Environment
- Carrying out support tasks / queries
- Project Co-ordination
- Assisting with booking of meeting / workshops etc
- Liaising/co-ordinating with the Business teams
- Participating in all areas of the BI department
- Eliciting Requirements
- Creating Documentation
- Building Visualisations
- Data management related technologies
- Understanding of working within an IT / BI office culture
Who you are
- Drive, energy and commitment to completing tasks
- Must be a team player and a self-starter with great motivation and an excellent ability to learn and pickup experience in the exciting world of Business Intelligence & Analytics.
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to show initiative and provide suggestions / solutions
- Good Verbal and written communication skills
- Have a background or interest in data related technologies
- Can Multi-task
- Work to defined timelines
- 5 GCSE’s, at grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent, including English and Maths at, at least a C/4 Grade
Nice to Have
- Understanding of different data source types: MS SQL Server, JSON/XML, Flat Files etc.
- Understanding/Competancy in SQL
- Technical Diagrams (UML)
- Scripting knowledge
- 2 A Levels at C grade and above
Other things to know…
- We are based in Twickenham, which is a quick 20 minutes from central London, and easy access from Surrey.
- The Apprenticeship Scheme is based on a Fixed Term Contract, between 12 – 24months (depending on role/qualification)
- You get to Earn as you Learn! – We offer a competitive starting salary of £15,000pa. The apprenticeship qualification is covered and paid for by Haymarket as part of the Apprenticeship Levy scheme.
- You will attend regular sessions with your apprenticeship provider, to assist you in gaining your qualification. The apprenticeship training accounts to around 20% of your working time.
- In addition to the Apprenticeship Qualifications, you will also have the opportunity to attend Haymarkets in-house, specialist training sessions to aid you further in your role.
- At the end of the apprenticeship our Skills Academy team will assist you with careers advice, CV writing, and Interview Skills.
- We work a 35 hour, full time week, with the option of Flexible Working hours and support a friendly, creative and collaborative culture, reflected in our open-plan working environment.
- Benefits include: 25 days Holiday, rising by 1 day per year up to 30 days, Pension,, Life Assurance, Health Cash Plan/Private Medical Insurance, plus voluntary benefits such as Ride to Work, Season ticket loans, Gym and Health lifestyle rewards and discounts on the highstreet.
Bridge House 69 London Road Twickenham TW1 3SP
236 total views, 11 today