Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Junior Business Analyst
Clifford Chance is one of the world’s leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The Firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution. Clifford Chance’s aim is to be the leader of an elite group of law firms.
The Global Programme Group (GPG) works with the Firm’s leadership to shape and deliver the Firm’s strategy as part of an orchestrated programme of change.
The Junior Business Analyst role sits within the GPG function charged with setting the scene for change to enable the fast and accurate delivery of Business benefits through the GPG programme of change. This function adds value through the attitude, knowledge, skills and experience of its staff.
Within the team the role of the more senior Business Analyst is primarily focused on the elicitation, analysis, communication and validation of the requirements for changes to business information systems, policies and associated processes
The role incumbent will be responsible for helping to deliver holistic business solutions utilizing the full project lifecycle with a primary focus on business value and benefit realisation. The following accountabilities will be held:
- Undertake business analysis across the breadth of Clifford Chance business areas;
- Analyze and implement integrated system and operational process changes;
- Assist the Senior Business Analysts in gathering, validating and documenting various system information needs;
- Assist senior business stakeholders make informed decisions about which initiatives to progress and how to tackle the initiatives;
- Maintain and verify requirements specifications accordingly;
- Co-ordinating, facilitating and running both internal and external workshops;
- Consideration of the impacts on existing processes and systems including the risks associated with suggested changes;
- Guide and manage multiple stakeholders across multiple departments and/or regions through the agreement and delivery of the change;
- Understand business problems and opportunities in the perspective of the requirements and recommend solutions that enable the business to achieve its goals;
- Clearly articulate and document business needs/problems framed in the context of the firm’s strategy;
- Obtain buy-in and agreement of the business need and the proposed solution from stakeholders and the project team ensuring centrally driven initiatives are implemented in a pragmatic and practical manner;
- Act as a liaison among stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems;
- Support the GPG programme and project managers in developing business requirements and building robust project business cases;
- Support all members of the GPG in conducting business analysis activities including documenting processes, identifying and analyzing solutions and understanding the impact of changes;
- Ensure compliance with all internal Clifford Chance policies, procedures and regulations;
- Support the development of communication plans in line with the solution delivery; and
- Contribute to the GPG lessons learned and organisational learning processes.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will be required to undertake the Business Analyst Level 4 apprenticeship standard.
The role incumbent will possess the following skills and knowledge, preferably practiced in a law firm or other similar professional services company:
- Previous experience (minimum 1 year) of understanding business processes and how the processes and IT systems are used to identify needs/problems and solutions;
- The ability to work across multiple business units and handle initiatives in new business units with confidence
- Previous experience of requirements gathering tools/techniques including: user Stories, Use Cases, Process Modelling and workshops/interviews;
- Excellent communication skills to engage, lead and influence stakeholders at all levels of the business;
- Good facilitation, negotiation and mediation skills;
- A strong customer-centric approach and can lead by example;
- Creative and flexible approach to problem-solving;
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness in dealing with global customers and suppliers;
- Good time management skills, excellent teamwork, motivation and attention to detail;
- Previous experience of working with Prince2, MSP, Agile Project Management or other recognised project management techniques would be of benefit;
At Clifford Chance, we believe in bringing the client – both internal and external – to the centre of everything we do. To do this we need to understand, anticipate and fulfill the unique needs and expectations of each client. We call this “Client Focus” and to help deliver this core part of our business strategy, we want to recruit people who not only excel in their field but who are also client focused.
We are looking for people who:
- Can demonstrate a keen interest and enthusiasm to understand their clients’ priorities;
- Are self-starters but also team players ready to help others and contribute to the overall success;
- Listen, question and deliver; and
- Are reliable and responsive, who can put the needs of the client first.
In short, we are looking for people who are motivated by client satisfaction and who strive to exceed the expectations of their clients.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants and employees regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity or origin, disability, creed or religion, sexual orientation or age.
The Clifford Chance Principles embody what we stand for and aspire to be:
Exceeding clients’ expectations
We are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals by providing commercially focused legal advice of the highest quality that will consistently exceed their expectations.
Local excellence, global standards
We ensure we can benefit our clients by combining the highest global standards of business and law with local excellence of service and by maintaining the depth, quality and scale of resources necessary to meet our clients’ needs whenever and wherever they arise.
Investing in talent
To deliver on our commitment to our clients, we recruit and develop the best people. We believe that, by delivering great client service, we will be involved in the most interesting and challenging client work and, as a result, achieve the reputation and the high levels of profitability which are essential to attracting and retaining the best people.
An adaptable and approachable team
We believe in the power of collaboration, collegiality and teamwork and we have an open, approachable style. We expect our people to be flexible and creative and to have the desire and drive to embrace new experiences and challenges. We require everyone to put the interests of our clients and the Firm before their own.
Strength through diversity
We are proud of our firm and value the diversity of the people and cultures within it. In our firm people succeed according to their merits.
Our strength comes from our one firm approach and our partnership ethos. They underpin our ability to deliver excellent client service and create a working environment where talented people can succeed. We are ambitious for our clients and ourselves but we understand the importance of making a positive impact on the community at large.
An ambition for success
We are determined to be the leader of an elite group of international law firms and to be at the top of the profession in each market where we practise. Our aim is to be regarded as one of the world’s leading professional services organizations.
To be at the forefront of the legal profession requires foresight, a desire to share ideas and a willingness to have a voice on issues of importance. We have the confidence to challenge existing thinking and to push boundaries.
10 Upper Bank St, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5JJ
804 total views, 9 today