Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Junior Developer at Experian in Westminister
We are a global company offering a diverse range of data and analytical tools, services, and solutions, we are looking for people who can inspire new ways of thinking—and contribute their insight to a business that specialises in it.
At Experian, we understand what it takes to bring data to life. Creativity. Passion. Flexibility. Expertise. We know that fresh perspectives can spur inspiration, often leading to a new way of tackling a challenge. We also understand that to excel—to be great—we must question thoroughly and analyse deeply. Join a global team of more than 16,000 individuals dedicated to making businesses and communities stronger through the power of insight.
Experian the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients around the world. Experian help organisations to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. Experian also help individuals to check their credit report and credit score as well as protect against identity theft. Our vision is for Experian’s people, data and technology to become a necessary part of every major consumer economy in the world.
Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2015, was $4.8 billion.
Experian Consumer Services (ECS) Overview
ECS helps millions of people in the UK, US and Brazil to access their credit report and score online. In the UK we offer this is via our CreditExpert service which promotes better financial health by giving consumers the online tools and advice they need to understand, manage and protect their personal information. We also provide services that give people peace of mind, by protecting their identities and detecting when their identities may have been compromised or stolen.
We have highly experienced technical and product teams based in Nottingham, London and Costa Mesa with our technology teams aligned to support our D2C, Affinity and Global Strategic Development business units. Much of the work we do is focused on further developing our CreditExpert service, providing services to our affinity partners and also looking at new business opportunities and developing innovative products.
Consumer Services is a key pillar of Experian and contributes 22% to our global revenue.
Some examples of the current projects that we are working on:
- CreditExpert – Upgrade for CreditExpert that will provide a scalable platform for the future. The project will deliver an improved UI design, extra functionality, and the adoption of a cutting edge client-side adaptive web development (AWD) framework to cater for mobile devices.
- Credit Matcher – Improved and streamlined customer journey along with re-architecture to a WebAPI approach. The redesign also heavily uses the AWD techniques employed within the CreditExpert product allowing for a consistent device-agnostic approach.
Experian Consumer Services are seeking a junior front end developer to join our growing website optimisation team in Experian Consumer Services
The successful individual will be responsible for mainly working with our content management system and building webpages and supporting implementation of tracking tags. The role also allows for the individual to get involved in building Optimisation (A/B and MVT) tests across our website and web platforms as we test out new changes to our ECS products.
- Meet coding standards required for our products
- Attend refinement and daily standups to provide feedback to the acquisitions team
Job requirements and qualifications
- Strong HTML/CSS knowledge
- Has worked in an agile delivery team ideally Agile methodology
- Stong understanding and use of JIRA
- Comfortable with working to tight deadlines
- Able to provide creative solutions to fresh challenges on a daily basis
- Previous experience of working and developing a content management system
- Previous experience of working with tag management tools, e.g. Ensighten / Google Tag Manager / Tealium / TagMan etc.
80 Victoria Street, Cardinal Place, London, SW1E 5JL
182 total views, 20 today