Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Media Assistant/Planning Assistant
Omnicom Media Group is a key business within Omnicom Group Inc., one of the world’s leading marketing services holding companies.
Omnicom Media Group, UK (OMG UK) is the UK arm of Omnicom Media Group and exists to fuel excellence across its 5 agencies – OMD UK, Manning Gottlieb OMD, PHD and Hearts & Science – and its Specialist Services – OMG Ethnic, Annalect, OMG Programmatic, Drum, Fuse, Barter, Adylic and Mobile5 (offering expertise in areas such as multicultural marketing, programmatic trading, data analytics, content, partnerships and experiential marketing).
Across OMG UK, our agencies and Specialist Services drive the marketing performance and media servicing of world-class brands such as Disney, PepsiCo, McDonalds, Virgin Media, John Lewis, Sony, HP, Estee Lauder, Guardian Media Group, Sainsbury’s, Co-op, and Porsche (to name just a few).
OMG Ethnic was conceived in early 2009 and is now the UK’s leading media agency multicultural marketing unit.
The OMG Ethnic team is based within the Omnicom Media Group UK headquarters building yet works across all Omnicom Media Group UK agencies (OMD UK, Manning Gottlieb OMD, PHD and Hearts & Science) and directly with clients. It is now a well-established and respected element of the UK business offering. OMG Ethnic’s objective is to fuel understanding of the UK’s BME communities to the commercial benefit of our clients and our agencies. This interest was boosted through a bespoke (and award-winning) piece of research into the digital behaviour of ethnic communities and through the establishment of OMG Ethnic View. To further evidence, the strong interest in this area, London’s population is 55% ethnic and the ethnic population across the UK is expected to double over the next 14 years. To date, OMG Ethnic has grown strength to strength with numerous number of clients across various sectors and it’s now been recognised by both regional and global awards such Best Marketing Campaign at European Diversity Awards and BIMA Advanced Award for Diversity as OMG Ethnic.
OMG Ethnic has grown significantly over the past couple of years and we are now looking to grow the central team through the appointment of a dedicated Media Assistant. The successful applicant will report into Associate Director and work closely with the Planner and the Managing Partner as appropriate is expected to support the wider team in developing and managing media plans, compiling insightful reports on competitors, emerging trends and industry news, and ensuring the smooth running of campaigns with critical administrative responsibilities.
Media Assistant will help to produce and package up creative ideas, playing an active role in brainstorms and crafting compelling slides that will help sell our work into the client. They will ensure that all key documents and files, including media plans and status sheets, are kept fully and accurately updated. They will be proactive and play a key role in relationships with our agencies, media owners and keeping the team up to date with relevant media opportunities to sell-in to the clients.
No day is the same at OMG Ethnic with work across audiences in different ethnicities, religions and media types. This role is very diverse and requires flexible approaches and hence someone who really enjoys audience and media work and has a genuine interest in different cultures, festivals and values, and how they affect behaviour and consumption. We’re looking for someone hungry to find the little hidden gems that make the difference and prove the value of reaching out to ethnic communities to clients. Someone that is able to work across all media channels, able to understand and decide on best mediums for specific campaigns based on the client’s want, needs and objectives.
Media Assistant needs to be a self-starter, quick learner, go-and-getter with a can-do attitude. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge in how different ethnic communities consume media, where, when and how. They will also work closely with agency teams and OMG Ethnic team to ensure insight is at the heart of our strategic thinking and communications idea as well as smooth running of all client work.
Support Associate Director, Planner and the Managing Partner of OMG Ethnic to come up with creative media strategies and plans to sell into the clients, making sure that our campaigns reach the right target audience in the most effective way and more importantly they’re run smoothly and efficiently as well as building a relationship with media suppliers while negotiating to get the best value for our clients.
- Identify opportunities to sell in OMG Ethnic to agencies and clients.
- Along with the Associate Director, Planner and the Managing Partner, own and manage client projects from client debrief to results presentation.
- Take ownership of all behind the scene tasks of campaigns such as bookings, competitor analysis and post campaign analysis report.
- Work closely with agency teams and media owners to build compelling proposals to sell to the clients.
- Help identify opportunities when Specialist Services of OMG UK can work together (e.g. Fuse, Drum, OMG Programmatic) to fulfil our clients’ objectives and improve our solutions ‘toolkit’
- Staying abreast of ethnic media changes and opportunities.
- Involvement in pitch work. Fully supporting pitch teams where relevant and necessary.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
A strong team player who is proactive, inquisitive, analytical, a creative thinker and possessed with a keen attitude, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Must have a passion and an excellent understanding of ethnic cultures, traditions and media, and fluency of one foreign language Eg. Polish, Hindi, would be an advantage.
- Understanding of different media channels, especially ethnic media and its usage by BME audiences.
- Understanding of TGI, Touchpoints, DDS, Addynamix, Census data and ability to use such studies in crosstab analysis tools such as etelmar would be highly advantageous.
- Excellent attention to detail, coordination & organisational, numeracy and analytical skills.
- Able to manage multiple accounts/brands, with many different stakeholders.
- Need to be: pro-active, motivated, focused, confident, use initiative and ability to innovate.
- Proactivity and a willingness to go above and beyond what a client has directly asked for.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a wider team.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and pitch work.
- Excellent user of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel is preferable.
People would describe this person as:
- Excited by the future
- Full of ideas
- Entry – £17k
- 6 months experience – £18.5k
- 12 months experience – £21.5k
- 18 months experience – 23.5k
90-100 Southwark St, London, SE1 0SW
891 total views, 11 today