Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Media Planning and Buying Executive
We are dynamic, empowered and entrepreneurial.
We pride ourselves in being an equal opportunities employer and diversity and inclusion is at the heart of what we believe in. IPG Mediabrands are committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications regardless of gender identity, race, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or belief.
Initiative is different to other media agencies.
We are not trapped by a legacy structure primarily centred on paid advertising. Instead, we are liberated by a new world structure designed to deliver highly differentiated and highly effective communications strategies for our clients.
We’re not the biggest agency in town. So rather than outsize our competitors we must outsmart them. That’s why we’ve built the strongest strategic capability of any agency in the market. Core to this strategic capability is an obsession with culture and how brands can pivot from brand advertising (which is forgettable) to cultural branding (which is highly memorable).
Our new world model is comprised of four central “craft centres” – Client Advice and Management, Strategy, Communications Design and Partnerships.
Here is a brief description of each centre.
Client Advice & Management
Client Advice acts as both business partner to the client and internal leader to brief, inspire, motivate and drive our teams to deliver the highest quality integrated solutions across a full spectrum of communication disciplines – Strategy, Communications Design, Partnerships and Mediabrands Specialty Business Units in areas like Social, Programmatic, Mobile, Search and Innovation.
The authority on all Initiative and IPG Mediabrands services, Client Advice is responsible for regularly identifying unmet client needs and challenges, for bringing forth specialised services and solutions to meet those needs, and for growing Initiative’s client relationships in both revenue and profitability. Importantly, Client Advice must also ensure that reasonable, achievable and business appropriate KPI’s are in place to ensure a positive and mutually beneficial relationship between agency and client.
Strategy create the opportunities for brands to lead in culture, designing and defining how a brand will live, play and thrive in the world. They are the voice of the people, using deep and intuitive cultural understanding of consumers and communications to develop the strategic direction a brand must take. They translate business goals into actionable communications tasks, first identifying and then designing the most profitable audience, space or place for the brand to occupy. The Strategists believe that everything communicates and that ‘media’ can and should mean more in today’s world – that there is a ‘better way’ – and that propels them to constantly challenge convention to add value, unlock untapped market potential and generate unfair share of hearts and minds.
Communications Design are the architects of how a brand idea will be delivered across a communications ecosystem in order to unlock the behaviour change that drives brand growth. Communications Design are experts in creating connected communications experiences that spread. They work with strategy and creative partners to translate the client’s cultural opportunity into the idea that shapes the experience someone will have with the brand across paid, owned and earned encounters. Communications Design define the right audiences of value, and how you will engage them within the experience and they work with our analytics partners to quantify the business impact that the holistic experience will have on the brand over time.
The Partnerships team is the next generation marketplace team of experts that identify, broker and manage the relationship between media, partners and culture vehicles for a given brand. This team leads partner evaluations, makes strategic investment recommendations and manages in-market KPIs. Partnerships works closely with Strategy and Communications Design to bring communications experiences to life and drive innovation. This team ensures we are supporting and executing against the overall corporate initiatives as well as drive maximum value for our clients.
Each craft centre is as important as the other, because only when they are effectively combined can we produce a truly creative and integrated product for our clients.
We strive for world-class work on every client, every time.
We believe that good enough is not good enough. We hope you do too.
We are excited to have you and your unique talent helping us to realize our ambition to be the best media agency in the world.
Initiative respects that everyone has something unique to contribute to the agency.
We are a bunch of eclectic and brilliant misfits with diverse backgrounds that represent the unique fabric of consumers and culture.
We want you to be yourself. We want to hear your opinions. We want to see your passion and energy.
If you disagree with something you see or hear then speak up. We will never punish or penalize you for bringing something important to our attention.
If you believe you can improve something in the agency then speak up. We will always listen to your ideas and suggestions.
We will not tolerate harassment, bullying or corporate politics. We will not tolerate discrimination of any kind. We expect you to be responsible on social media and remember that you represent the agency and should not bring us into disrepute.
We are committed to your learning and development. The agency will organize regular training to enhance and accelerate your career – we expect you to prioritize training and actively participate.
There are 4 central behaviours that bind all Initiative employees together. These behaviours are always encouraged and rewarded by the agency.
We use the acronym “FBDS” to describe them.
Fearless in our approach.
Be fearless. Push back on clients when appropriate. Have the courage to take bold ideas to the table. If you believe in something don’t take “no” for an answer. Remember, fortune really does favour the brave.
Brilliant in our work.
Everything you do for the agency and our clients must be of the highest standard. Good enough is not good enough. Be obsessed about producing brilliant work. Every day. Every time. No exceptions.
Dynamic in our design.
Be dynamic and agile. Design these things into your plans for clients. Remember we must keep pace with technology and consumers. Don’t be afraid of change, run towards it.
Seamless in our approach.
We sell solutions not services. Always “stitch” together the various services of Initiative and IPG Mediabrands in a way that is seamless for clients. We operate as one united IPG Mediabrands and never in siloes. We will not tolerate “turf wars” across business units and expect you to play nicely in the sandpit as you collaborate with others.
DISCIPLINE OVERVIEW: COMMUNICATIONS DESIGN
Communications design is the discipline and practice of crafting how a brand idea will be delivered through communications across an owned, earned and paid ecosystem in order to achieve a desired behavioral outcome.
Initiative’s Communications Design team is creating the future of planning. Borrowing skills from User Experience, Digital, Public Relations and Content, these media professionals are responsible for curating how people connect and participate with brands through culturally rich ideas. Instead of considering the experience of a brand in components (media / channel planning), Communications Designers think about brand experience in totality (ecosystem planning) ensuring every encounter is useful and impactful.
The Communications Design team dynamically brings brands to life through their actions. They:
- Are experts in consumer and communications behavior, and how changes in behaviors are creating new opportunities for connection
- Lead the creation of the dynamic ecosystem approach to deliver a strategy
- Work with partners (media, creative, technology, platforms, Specialty Business Units) to curate how a brand should connect within culture
- Lead the identification of the right audiences to address how to meet business goals, and guide the quantification of connection encounters holistically
- Champion innovative, forward thinking activities that help brands create value with their audience.
ROLE OVERVIEW: COMMUNICATIONS DESIGNER
As Communications Designer, you are an important member of the day-to-day Communications Design team on your client, helping to ensure great communications ideas make their way into market through the key support role you perform.
Your role is to help produce and analyze the foundational consumer, brand and marketing intelligence for the communications design brief, and assist in the production, reporting and loading of the detailed communications flowchart.
Working with the Senior Communications Designer, you will use proprietary tools to quantify how different communications scenarios (across Owned Earned Shared Paid) perform against key communications and business goals, including running cross-platform Reach & Frequency, flighting scenarios, and ROI analyses. You are responsible for ensuring all plan details are accurately coded and inputted into our systems, and making any adjustments as required.
Building your communications planning knowledge, you are passionate about learning about how brands grow and how different communications approaches (flighting, weights, channel combinations) work to create a difference for your categories and brands. Within the team, you are up-to-date on the latest planning approaches and insights (industry, vendor, client, category), and regularly share this with your team and the Communications Design discipline.
This role will be contributing to the expansion of one of the biggest tourist board globally: Destination Canada.
Destination Canada markets Canada internationally and is owned by the Government of Canada.
Its mission is to grow Canada’s tourism export revenues and support its industry partners. Destination Canada uses data-driven marketing strategies to stimulate international demand and tourism export revenue for Canada in 11 countries: Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, the UK and the USA.
The role will emphasize on its EMEA business (UK, France and Germany) but will require close collaboration with the Global team based in Canada.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributor to impactful communications plan development to meet client needs and deliver communications idea
- Provide accurate and timely communications planning inputs in support of the Communications Design process
- Provide timely responses to adhoc client requests as required
- Provide communications, audience intelligence, and data inputs through the application of syndicated and proprietary systems for communications design, goal setting, and decision making
- Accurately load and maintain planning details within agency financial systems
- Maintain POV reports and intelligence on current best practice planning approaches and outcomes for client, brand, and category
- Develop strong relationships with Local in-market teams
- Support the Communications Design Directors in researching Communications Design relevant innovations, audience trends & Partnerships opportunities with the ability to provide the Strategy team with actionable insights
- Contribute to the ideation team sessions in conjunction with the Strategy team and relevant Specialty Business Units to generate creative & compelling connections idea
- Contribute to reporting and analysis of campaigns, ensuring consistency in reporting globally
- Work with Specialty Business Units to have relevant tracking in place and we are able to report and meet KPI expectations
- Contributor to Specialty Business Units revenue growth through planning outcomes
- Contributor to organic revenue from Communications Design
- Participation in new business as required
- 20% Client
- 60% Internal
- 20% Commercial
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
- Able to research and generate key media inputs for best in class communications planning solutions that propel the communications idea
- Able to deploy tools and techniques to deliver best in class communications planning outcomes across Owned Earned Shared Paid
- Contribute to media planning process ensuring accuracy of information
- Able to produce reports and intelligence related to the planning process to improve decision making
- Contributor to client KPI delivery through the provision of best practice, timely, accurate planning information and intelligence
- Strong attention to detail
- Work experience is a benefit
- Strong written, verbal communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task multiple, competing priorities, and projects through strong time management and organization
- Proficient understanding of accounting principles, data analyzing, and market research
- High-level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
We guarantee that your career with us will be varied and exciting. Every day in this fast-paced environment presents a different challenge and if you work smart and are the best at what you do, your time here will produce endless possibilities for your future.
You will get our support in developing your skills at every step of your career journey with us. Your manager will help you create a tailored career path and through our in-house experts, and online performance management and learning and development tool, you will have access to a wide range of internal and external courses. In addition to this there are always plenty of internal sessions on the latest developments in the industry, e-learning courses, bite-size learning sessions and on the job training and development.
We aim to provide all of our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency both in the UK and globally.
When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So we also offer a range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave. In addition to your annual holiday entitlement, the office usually closes between Christmas & New Year
- Additional holiday for long service
- Group Income Protection (after 2 years’ service)
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance or Health Cash Plan (dependent on level)
- Group Personal Pension Plan with matched contributions from 3-6%
- Core Hours (Mon-Thurs, flexible start/finish times)
- Early finish Fridays
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Wellbeing programme, including subsidised monthly massages
- Paid time off for Volunteering
- Independent mortgage advice
377 total views, 11 today