Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Media Planning & Buying Executive
We are dynamic, empowered and entrepreneurial.
We pride ourselves in being an equal opportunities employer and diversity and inclusion is at the heart of what we believe in. IPG Mediabrands are committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications regardless of gender identity, race, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or belief.
Initiative is different from other media agencies.
We are not trapped by a legacy structure primarily centred on paid advertising. Instead, we are liberated by a new world structure designed to deliver highly differentiated and highly effective communications strategies for our clients.
We’re not the biggest agency in town. So rather than outsize our competitors, we must outsmart them. That’s why we’ve built the strongest strategic capability of any agency in the market. Core to this strategic capability is an obsession with culture and how brands can pivot from brand advertising (which is forgettable) to cultural branding (which is highly memorable).
Our new world model is comprised of four central “craft centres” – Client Advice and Management, Strategy, Communications Design and Partnerships.
ROLE OVERVIEW: COMMUNICATIONS DESIGNER
As Communications Designer you are an important member of the day to day Communications Design team on your client, helping to ensure great communications ideas make their way into the market through the key support role you perform.
Your role is to help produce and analyze the foundational consumer, brand and marketing intelligence for the communications design brief, and assist in the production, reporting and loading of the detailed communications flowchart.
Working with the Senior Communications Designer, you will use proprietary tools to quantify how different communications scenarios (across Owned Earned Shared Paid) perform against key communications and business goals, including running cross-platform Reach & Frequency, flighting scenarios, and ROI analyses. You are responsible for ensuring all plan details are accurately coded and inputted into our systems, and making any adjustments as required.
Building your communications planning knowledge, you are passionate about learning about how brands grow and how different communications approaches (flighting, weights, channel combinations) work to create a difference for your categories and brands. Within the team, you are up-to-date on the latest planning approaches and insights (industry, vendor, client, category), and regularly share this with your team and the Communications Design discipline.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributor to impactful communications plan development to meet client needs and deliver communications idea
- Provide accurate and timely communications planning inputs in support of the Communications Design process
- Provide timely responses to adhoc client requests as required
- Implementation of digital campaigns (campaign trafficking)
- Take ownership of client facing portal – ensuring content meets client needs
- Provide communications, audience intelligence, and data inputs through the application of syndicated and proprietary systems for communications design, goal setting, and decision making
- Accurately load and maintain planning details within agency financial systems
- Maintain POV reports and intelligence on current best practice planning approaches and outcomes for client, brand, and category
- Support the Communications Design Directors in researching Communications Design relevant innovations, audience trends & Partnerships opportunities with the ability to provide the Strategy team with actionable insights
- Contribute to reporting and analysis of campaigns
- Contribute to the ideation team sessions in conjunction with the Strategy team and relevant Specialty Business Units to generate creative & compelling connections idea
- Coordinate local market teams to ensure information is shared to the centre
- Contributor to Specialty Business Units revenue growth through planning outcomes
- Contributor to organic revenue from Communications Design
- Participation in new business as required
- 20% Client
- 60% Internal
- 20% Commercial
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
- Able to research and generate key media inputs for best in class communications planning solutions that propel the communications idea
- Able to deploy tools and techniques to deliver best in class communications planning outcomes across Owned Earned Shared Paid
- Contribute to media planning process ensuring accuracy of information
- Able to produce reports and intelligence related to the planning process to improve decision making
- Contributor to client KPI delivery through the provision of best practice, timely, accurate planning information and intelligence
- Experience would be a benefit
- Demonstrated ability to develop integrated marketing communication plans encompassing traditional and non-traditional media strategies
- Ability to drive projects from conception to completion
- Strong written, verbal communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task multiple, competing priorities, and projects through strong time management and organization
- Proficient understanding of accounting principles, data analyzing, and market research
- High-level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Has a strong eye for detail
We guarantee that your career with us will be varied and exciting. Every day in this fast-paced environment presents a different challenge and if you work smart and are the best at what you do, your time here will produce endless possibilities for your future.
You will get our support in developing your skills at every step of your career journey with us. Your manager will help you create a tailored career path and through our in-house experts, and online performance management and learning and development tool, you will have access to a wide range of internal and external courses. In addition to this, there are always plenty of internal sessions on the latest developments in the industry, e-learning courses, bite-size learning sessions and on the job training and development.
We aim to provide all of our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency both in the UK and globally.
When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So we also offer a range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave. In addition to your annual holiday entitlement, the office usually closes
- between Christmas & New Year
- Additional holiday for long service
- Group Income Protection (after 2 years’ service)
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance or Health Cash Plan (dependent on level)
- Group Personal Pension Plan with matched contributions from 3-6%
- Core Hours (Mon-Thurs, flexible start/finish times)
- Early finish Fridays
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Wellbeing programme, including subsidised monthly massages
- Paid time off for Volunteering
- Independent mortgage advice
- Financial education
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Free breakfast
- Subsidised Café
- Free eye tests
- Regular Bar Night
- Retail discounts
- Flexible benefits including Dental, Travel insurance, Ride2Work, GymFlex and many more!
HOW WE PROTECT YOU
The manner in which IPG Mediabrands processes your personal data is set out in the eRecruitment Privacy Notice. By submitting your data you are stating that you have read and understood how your personal information will be used and processed by IPG Mediabrands.
42 St John’s Square, Clerkenwell, London, EC1M 4EA
163 total views, 13 today