Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
People/HR and Administration Apprentice at Youth Business International in London
Youth Business International is seeking a highly organised and efficient People/HR and Administration Apprentice to work within our People Team, supporting our People Manager and Executive Assistant. This is a great role for someone looking to gain experience of working within the Charity sector who is looking to build on their skills within the fields of People/HR and Administration.
Youth Business International – Who we are
Youth Business International (YBI) believes that every young person should have access to the quality support they need to start, grow and sustain a business. Young people are a critical resource for society. They account for over 18% of the world’s population and more than 15% of the world’s labour force. Yet, 71 million young people are unemployed. Many more are working but not earning enough to lift themselves out of poverty.
Empowering young people to succeed in self-employment is a key part of the solution. Young entrepreneurs can create new jobs and shape local economies.
YBI is the global network connecting members, partners and young people to develop and scale new solutions that leverage the power of entrepreneurship to drive social and economic change. YBI believes the skills required to start and grow a successful business are closely related to those needed to compete in the 21st century job market. Entrepreneurial young people are more likely to be able to embrace new challenges, stay relevant and keep pace.
What we do
We are a network of expert member organisations coming together to provide a unique combination of local support, such as training, mentoring, access to finance and business development services to young entrepreneurs. The YBI Network Team, based in London and Bogotá, provides the platform that facilitates the sharing of expertise, driving innovation, and disseminating evidence and learning.
YBI is a multilateral network that creates a marketplace for its member organisations to learn from best practice examples around the globe and ensure that everyone can benefit from the amazing programs that have developed locally.
Convening the communal knowledge of the network allows YBI to identify where there are gaps in the service being provided to young entrepreneurs that exist not just in one market, but across the globe. Using this insight we work to develop programs that address the needs of young entrepreneurs across the network.
Learning from each other
With more than 50 member organisations generating important research in the field of youth employment and the value of entrepreneurship, one of the core functions of the network is ensuring that this knowledge is disseminated in order to maximize its impact.
Our Organisational Values
Our Organisational Values are Quality, Tenacity and Collaboration. These are embedded in everything that we do.
Quality – We strive to set the highest standards in youth entrepreneurship support
Tenacity – We won’t give up until every young entrepreneur has the opportunity to succeed
Collaboration – We work together as a team, building trust to connect and empower
Principal Responsibilities & Duties
People / HR (Supporting People Manager)
- Administer new starter induction documents and process
- Review and develop People templates and documentation
- Provide administrative support for the full cycle of the recruitment process from advertisement, to shortlisting, to scheduling interviews, obtaining references and contracts
- Provide administrative support in relation to consultants working with YBI
- Maintain up to date people records
- Support moving to a People/HR management system, reviewing and suggesting potential solutions
- Support the production of line management KPI reporting for senior management
- Support the People Manager with the development and implementation of People process including inductions, performance reviews, recruitment and staff well-being
- General administrative support, including photocopying, scanning, shredding
- Additional HR/People duties as and when required
Administrative Assistance (Supporting Executive Assistant)
- General office support (e.g booking couriers, receiving visitors and answering the phone)
- Booking travel and accommodation
- Supporting with Away Day organisation and logistics
- Developing travel itineraries for the CEO
- General administrative support to the CEO’s EA as and when required
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- A strong interest in working in the charity sector
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Highly organised and proactive with the ability to work calmly under pressure and manage numerous priorities
- Ability to provide accurate and timely information to a high standard
- Reliable and professional
- Discreet, diplomatic and pragmatic with an understanding of how to treat confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Appreciation and alignment with YBI’s organisational values of quality, tenacity and collaboration
- Administrative experience
- Experience or strong interest in HR/People function and administration
- Confident and effective in communicating to different audiences verbally and in writing or strong desire to learn this skill
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments, due to a disability, to assist you in completing your application and/or participating in a selection test or attending an interview in the event that you are short-listed.
356 total views, 4 today