Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Product Development Apprentice at AXA Group in London
AXA XL provides insurance and risk management products and services for mid-sized companies through to large multinationals, as well as reinsurance solutions to insurance companies globally.
AXA XL has a leading presence in the Lloyd’s of London insurance market, we have over 30 specialist business areas (known as ‘lines of business’) and are leading player in specialty insurance, including Aerospace, Fine Art & Specie, Marine, Motor, Political Risk and Crisis Management.
AXA XL are the number 1 Global Property & Casualty commercial lines insurer by gross written premium (GWP)
- market capacity of $70 Billion which is one of the largest in the insurance industry
- GWP of $17.6 Billion
- Clients in over 200 countries
- 99% of the UK FTSE 100 companies as clients and over 90% of the Fortune 500
The Product Development team support the analysis and development for The Frame and Genius which are bespoke insurance systems. The team support organizational change, analysis and business as usual support for the system development process.
The Product Development apprenticeship is a 2 year programme, during which you will work towards a qualification that is relevant to the work you are undertaking as an Apprentice.
As a Product Development Apprentice you will be required to successfully complete a level 4 Business Analyst apprenticeship qualification. You will receive learning support for this qualification through our apprenticeship programme training partner.
- Undertake system analysis to move business requirements in to system changes
- Contribute to the regular prioritization of system change by the business
- Prepare and distribute release notes to explain upgrades and system changes
- Monitor service level agreements (SLA’s) for suppliers to ensure they are achieving the minimum standards required
- Prepare management reports and progress updates, working through the software development lifecycle to provide information on reporting, workflow lifecycle, progress blockages, vendor progress and SLA’s
Your attributes and skills:
- You will have a real passion for software and technology development
- As part of the Product Development team you will interact with business users at all levels so confident written and verbal communications skills are essential
- Basic understanding of Microsoft office programmes (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) will be beneficial
- You will have Mathematics and English to grade C or higher at GCSE (or equivalent)
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and research abilities.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with a drive for results.
- A high level of intellectual capability and curiosity.
- Passion for solving puzzles through collaboration and innovation.
- Legal Authorization to work in the country in which the position is posted.
What we do
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a strong and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
Learn more at axaxl.com
Diversity & Inclusion
We know that a diverse workforce and inclusive culture enable business growth and are critical to our success. That’s why we have made a strategic commitment to attracting and retaining the most diverse workforce possible, while creating a strong, inclusive culture where everyone is welcome and can contribute and reach their highest potential.
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index – 2017, 2018
- Signatory to the CEO Action for Diversity
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
- Twelve Colleague Resource Groups around the Globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
Location: 20 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0BG
236 total views, 9 today