Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Service Desk Support Technician at Everest Reinsurance UK in London
Everest Re is a world leader in property and casualty reinsurance and insurance and underwrites virtually all classes and categories of business in treaty, facultative and specialty lines, both through brokers and directly with ceding companies. Everest professionals, working from several office locations around the world, have the technical expertise and market knowledge to produce tailored solutions precisely fitted to customer needs. In Europe, Everest Re has about 100 employees working for both Reinsurance and Insurance, based in London, Dublin, Zurich and Brussels.
Job Purpose / Summary:
As a member of the Everest UK IT team, provide first level technology support to Everest’s Users primarily located in the Everest European offices.
To act at all times in compliance with and in accordance with the principles of the Everest Re policies and procedures.
Main Duties / Key Responsibilities:
- With the appropriate training, that will be given, provide Level 1 desktop and application support to all users located in Everest’s European offices in all areas of its systems and business operations. When required, to engage with third party application support providers for Level 2 support and beyond. Liaise and work closely with ETS to provide additional first line support to the Everest Global (ServiceNow) Helpdesk.
- To assist with the full On and Off Boarding process for all new employees and leavers.
- New user basic training and inductions (Email, Network Drives, Printers, iPhone, Remote access).
- Perform daily Systems procedures and checks including Systems’ monitoring, scheduling overnight jobs and backups.
- Assist with the support of EAUK’s IBM iSeries server operations.
- In conjunction with ETS and the System Support Technician, assist with the support and maintenance of the servers located and operated from the London office. This includes the Everest WAN and local network configuration.
- Support and maintain the London office security system including its door access system and alarm monitoring system.
- Provide support for office and mobile telephony systems for the European offices.
- Support and maintain Video Conferencing and Meeting Room booking systems/services.
- Provide support for all aspects of end user hardware including its physical set up and installation.
- Follow the use of industry best practice (ITIL) and change control within the IT Service Desk.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as requested.
- Resolve incidents and requests assigned from the ServiceNow Helpdesk system to the EAUK Technology team to agreed procedures and SLAs, e.g. incidents relating to desktop systems, business applications, backup devices and other network devices.
- Interact with Users and service providers, as necessary, to resolve incidents.
- Consult with internal resources when faced with issues/problems or specific business application issues.
- Closely monitor and update the ServiceNow Helpdesk system with incident progression and closure.
- Perform installations, moves, additions and changes to network hardware including PCs, MFDs and other peripherals.
- Ensure organizational compliance procedures are adhered to in all Systems’ activities.
- Assist with internal and external audit reviews and requests for information.
- Support data communications and telephone systems in conjunction with ETS, network providers and vendors.
- Assist with and maintain office security administration.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to comfortably communicate with both technical and non-technical people.
- An aptitude for and a keen interest in current and new technology.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Any existing customer service or helpdesk experience advantageous.
Location: 40 Lime Street, London, EC3M 7AY
228 total views, 1 today