Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Software Quality Assurance Apprentice
If you’re brilliantly talented and passionate to learn, keen to collaborate and want to join a family of software developers, UXs, and testers… then let’s chat!
We’ll work together, collaborating on some amazing projects, creating stunning work, solving problems and winning awards.
Who is Nexus Point?
Over the last 5 years, we’ve established our position in the automotive software and web development sector by consistently creating powerful software solutions that deliver a competitive and innovative advantage for our customers. We’ve demonstrated our expertise by developing our own custom-built, cutting-edge, powerful CMS at our offices in Winsford, which bolts on to our creative front-end designs.
Our office environment is fun and we play as hard as we work. We’re looking for an enthusiastic Software Quality Assurance Apprentice who’ll fit into our dedicated team, working on exciting projects for our ever-growing client base.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a Software Quality Assurance Apprentice with up-to-date knowledge that makes them capable of interpreting our clients’ needs into solution requirements with high-quality impact.
The successful candidate will work on a huge variety of products and activities, including, but not exclusive to:
- Blog / Email Campaigns
- Branding / Brand Guidelines
The ultimate goal is to use the software we build over and over again in order to spot any bugs and mistakes that need to be fixed before the product reaches our customers.
As a Software Quality Assurance Apprentice at Nexus Point, you must have:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A passion for IT and software
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think logically
- Ability to analyse written requirements
- Ability to follow and adhere to defined processes
Qualifications & training required
A Software Quality Assurance Apprentice will be ready to develop their existing skills by working with the Quality Assurance Manager, and other senior staff on a range of ambitious and innovative projects. Testing is a vital part of our development process. As well as finding and documenting programming bugs, you will act as the software’s first audience, reporting on its functionality and recommending improvements.
The following is beneficial but not a requirement:
- 1 year+ IT experience, either agency or in-house with a portfolio of IT work demonstrating your skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Mac and PC
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- The ability to balance multiple projects with tight deadlines in a fast-paced, reactive environment.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Some scripted E2E testing (Automation tools such as Selenium IDE)
- Some Website Application Testing
- MySQL exposure
Communication is a big part of the job, so the Quality Assurance Apprentice must feel confident enough to contribute to the entire development process. Keeping a finger on the pulse of software trends is also key when moving towards promotion and recognition.
The specific details of a Software Quality Assurance Apprentice’s role will vary depending on the role, but common activities include:
- Use software systematically and in accordance with test plans
- Test versions of our software and perform exploratory testing
- Analyse its performance against the features agreed in the specification
- Document and maintain bug reports, test cases, test plans and executions
- Assist the Project and the QA Manager to prioritise the most serious issues
- Work to strict deadlines
- Writing test cases from user stories
- Regression testing
- Exploratory/smoke testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- Cross-browser/mobile device testing
In order to effectively execute these activities, applicants for the Software Quality Assurance Apprentice’s role should possess the following qualities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adeptness with leading development software packages
- A determination to achieve and succeed
- Some IT industry experience
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Good organisational skills that support the rest of the team
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
From time-to-time, a Software Quality Assurance Apprentice may need to work hours that aren’t typical, so a flexible approach is needed to get the best from the job.
As well as the opportunity to work as part of an exciting, growing company, Nexus Point offers you the chance to play an integral part in a dynamic, intimate, focussed and productive team. We’ll also offer a competitive salary based on your experience and the unique properties you can bring.
You’ll be provided with all the equipment you’ll need to perform your job effectively, as well as encouragement and support to acquire new skills or brush up on existing ones in the form of access to materials and time to study. You’ll learn from us, we’ll learn from you, together we’ll do great things.
Norfolk House, Bostock Green, Winsford, Cheshire, CW7 3BD
214 total views, 62 today