Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Technical Assistant at Global Touring Group in London
The Global Touring team inspires people through life-changing travel experiences. Global Touring continues to grow rapidly, with our key brands Topdeck and Back-Roads expanding in 2017 through diversifying our product range, growing our key sales markets, innovating our product delivery and ensuring a positive customer experience that is unique to each brand.
With a shared service mechanic in certain departments where a common service or platform is required, our ‘one best way’ approach is consistent and effective in supporting the specific strategy within each business. We are looking for someone to join the team that aligns perfectly with our brand and values… if this sounds like you then keep reading!
The Technical Assistant will provide basic IT support assistance to the London office staff with the backing of our external Service Providers. They will take guidance and instruction from the Technical Lead assisting with projects and ad hoc activities. They will also provide hands-on assistance where required by our Service Providers to ensure that the user base’s issues are dealt with in as timely a manner as possible.
- Coordinating basic IT Support tasks with external Service Providers
- Hands-on assistance for Service Providers where required
- Desk moves and IT Inductions
- IT Asset Tracking and Auditing
- Software installation
- Assistance with Technical projects
Experience, Requirements and Key Behaviours
- Experience with Macs and PCs along with OSX and Windows 7/10
- Experience with MS Office Applications
- Basic understanding of Networking principles such as DHCP and DNS
- Any experience with Office 365 is of benefit
- Any experience of booking systems would of benefit
- Enthusiastic customer focused attitude able to deal with occasional high-pressure situations is expected
- A broad interest in IT and a desire to learn new things is essential
- And of course… A passion for all things travel related!
Location: 109 Power Rd, Chiswick, London, W4 5PY
426 total views, 2 today