Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Technical Support Apprentice
We are looking for a Technical Support Assistant to join our team in an entry level apprenticeship position. We are a friendly team committed to delivering consistent, high-quality client service to the Firm’s London office. In this role, you will report to the London IT Manager. This position is an 18-month fixed term contract.
The Technical Support Assistant’s goal is to meet the support and application needs of the Firm’s IT users. This will include assisting, with increasing levels of responsibility, with troubleshooting hardware and software as well as installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading PC hardware, printers/copiers, telephones and mobile devices.
Summary of duties:
The mains duties of this role will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the planning, scheduling and execution of computer equipment installations, upgrades and replacement projects.
- Providing hands-on support to users who are experiencing desktop operating system, connectivity and application issues and ensuring all issues are successfully resolved.
- Helping to diagnose issues with hardware and assisting with the coordination of repairs in a timely fashion.
- Maintaining the hardware inventory for PC, printer and mobile devices.
- Providing 1st and 2nd level assistance for software/hardware escalations from the help desk.
- Providing 1st and 2nd level support for various law firm applications such as iManage, Carpe Diem, Elite and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Providing 1st and 2nd level support for remote access calls escalated from the help desk (Citrix and VPN).
- Assisting the team in assessing the compatibility of new software for the Firm’s current operating system and helping with the installation and maintenance of applications.
- Producing written documentation that records user requests and technical specifications in a clear and concise manner.
- Liaising with vendors for troubleshooting purposes.
Any other ad-hoc requests or project work reasonably requested.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Significant interest in IT and the ability to learn new technologies.
- Works well independently and as a part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Dedicated to providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate and collaborate with all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously whilst meeting deadlines.
- Discretion in handling confidential or sensitive data.
Dechert is a global law firm, focused on sectors with the greatest complexities, legal intricacies and highest regulatory demands, we excel in delivering practical commercial judgment and deep legal expertise for high-stakes matters.
We value openness, communication, integrity and honesty, thriving on the individual and collaborative efforts that are essential to producing excellent results. At Dechert, we are committed to attracting a diverse group of highly talented individuals from all sources, regardless of background. We seek to hire men and women with sharp minds, a passion for learning and the skills to deliver a level of client service that is distinctively Dechert.
Dechert is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We are proud of our firm and want everyone to feel welcome with an equal opportunity to excel. Thank you for your interest in Dechert.
164 total views, 1 today