Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Videographer Apprentice (Automotive) at Haymarket in Twickenham
The Haymarket Skills Academy is now in its fifth year, providing unparalleled opportunities in media. Our award-winning apprenticeships are a fantastic way to gain industry experience whilst also receiving an accredited qualification.
As part of our next intake of apprentices starting in September we are now looking for a Junior Videographer to join our Automotive team.
Haymarket Media Group is one of the world’s leading international specialist media, tech and information companies.
Haymarket operates more than 70 market-leading brands created by world-class experts in locations in the UK, the US, Hong Kong, Singapore, India and Germany. Our brands connect millions of highly engaged people across digital, mobile, print and live media.
We are a company who are defined by our values and we are committed to supporting all our people to develop themselves and achieve their potential..
The Role & The Team
This is an exciting opportunity to work for Haymarket Automotive, which produces Haymarket
Media Group’s iconic motoring brands Autocar, What Car? and PistonHeads.
The Video Apprentice will work with editorial teams to create exciting and engaging, which will be
published across all of Haymarket Automotive’s digital and social channels.
You’ll be working alongside brilliant, motivated and knowledgeable journalists and videographers,
helping make and support great editorial news, review and feature videos, in a highly creative
working environment to tight editorial deadlines.
The role is an amazing opportunity to learn to plan, produce, shoot and edit high quality video. We
are a flexible team and believe in having fun as well as working hard. This isn’t just a desk-based
position – there will be lots of opportunities to work out of the office.
What you will learn
- Be a valued part of a world-class creative team
- Understand and develop editorial content
- Spot stories that will work well on video; both across social media and in full-length feature format
- Deliver projects on time and to the highest standard
- Develop your own skills and share your expertise with colleagues
- Be confident working with senior editorial and automotive industry personnel
- Become confident using Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop
Typical activities will include:
- Editing and captioning social media-specific videos from news images/b-roll
- Captioning full-length and teaser videos
- Helping co-ordinate feature video uploads, to ensure that thumbnails, copy, social media posts
- and SEO are in order
- Contributing to location finding and booking
- On occasion helping shoot, and edit, our full-length feature videos
Who you are:
- Loads of enthusiasm and a drive to be successful
- A positive attitude and keen desire to learn more about video and publishing
- Excellent verbal and written communications to be able to write, share and develop ideas
- Good working knowledge of social media
- Have some experience using Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop
- Working efficiently to tight deadlines
- An understanding of SEO and analytics
- You will have achieved at least 5 GSCE’s at grades A-C, and will preferably have attained at least 2 A Levels at grades C or above or an equivalent qualification.
Other things to know…
- We are based in Twickenham, which is a quick 20 minutes from central London, and easy access from Surrey.
- The Apprenticeship Scheme is based on a Fixed Term Contract, between 12 – 24months (depending on role/qualification)
- You get to Earn as you Learn! – We offer a competitive starting salary of £15,000pa. The apprenticeship qualification is covered and paid for by Haymarket as part of the Apprenticeship Levy scheme.
- You will attend regular sessions with your apprenticeship provider, to assist you in gaining your qualification. The apprenticeship training accounts to around 20% of your working time.
- In addition to the Apprenticeship Qualifications, you will also have the opportunity to attend Haymarkets in-house, specialist training sessions to aid you further in your role.
- At the end of the apprenticeship our Skills Academy team will assist you with careers advice, CV writing, and Interview Skills.
- We work a 35 hour, full time week, with the option of Flexible Working hours and support a friendly, creative and collaborative culture, reflected in our open-plan working environment.
- Benefits include: 25 days Holiday, rising by 1 day per year up to 30 days, Pension,, Life Assurance, Health Cash Plan/Private Medical Insurance, plus voluntary benefits such as Ride to Work, Season ticket loans, Gym and Health lifestyle rewards and discounts on the highstreet.
Bridge House 69 London Road Twickenham TW1 3SP
686 total views, 4 today