Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
x2 Apprentice Software Tester
Collinson is a global leader in loyalty and benefits. We use our expertise and products to craft customer experiences which enable some of the world’s best known brands to acquire, engage and retain the most demanding and choice-rich customers.
We are the trusted partner behind many of the world’s leading financial services, airline, hotel and retail brand’s loyalty initiatives, customer benefits and reward programmes. Our solutions drive more profitable customer relationships, enrich their travel experiences, protect what matters and assist in times of need.
Our unique expertise and insights into high earning, frequent travellers allow us to create products and solutions for our clients that inspire greater customer engagement in this lucrative customer segment.
We take our 30 years’ experience working with household names such as American Express, Asia Miles, Avios, Visa, Mastercard and Radisson Blue in over 170 countries, and help our clients to deliver the smarter experiences it takes to differentiate their propositions, and help them win deeper devotion from their customers.
Purpose of the job
Within the Travel Experiences division of Collinson Group we design, develop and test our bespoke client facing products such as Mastercard Airport Experience Website and App, Lounge Key Website and App, Priority Pass Website and App. We also have Back Office systems and API’s within the integrated environment that we develop and test. We have product teams that have roadmaps for these products so they remain current, include emerging functionality, and provide as much benefit to customers as possible. Our primary objective is faster delivery of quality software from idea to consumer.
The role of a Junior QA Engineer is to collaborate and work within agile scrum teams (Squads as per the Spotify model) – ensuring Functional and non-functional testing has been done to mitigate risks for the solution/delivery with guidance from a more experienced QA within the team. You will work closely with the agile team members, such as Product Owners, B.As, Developers and Technical Leads and champion quality through understanding Business risk and impact and ensure that an accurate quality level is assessed and communicated for the application under test.
You will assess what tests are suitable for regression and automate tests into BDDs at different levels (feature level, user journey/end-to-end) depending on the requirement.
- Prepare test cases corresponding to business and functional requirements
- Devise and carry out both manual and automated tests to assess the quality of the software under test
- Use the appropriate test automation software to execute test automation scripts
- Prepare Test Data and Environment for Test Case execution
- Detect bugs and issues as early as possible in the process – active participating in the 3 Amigos session. Log, prioritise, and track bugs and issues
- Prevent bugs and issues by thinking of relevant scenarios that can help meet the validation of acceptance criteria at story development stage
- Contribute in daily scrums and agile planning as required by the team
- Be the advocate for quality when testing is being discussed
- Contribute to planning sessions with estimations and timelines
- Contribute actively to the retrospective session to improve the process
- Help to maintain and develop tests, aiming for constant improvement
- Work with the Delivery, Test and Agile Leads to ensure all testing and QA tasks are accurately planned within the overall agreed timeframes of the projects
- Provide regular and accurate reports of progress
- Compile brief user guides and wiki instruction pages for other QA team members
- Make testing related decisions as part of the 3 Amigos in the Scrum team
- Act as a Buddy for new starters.
Knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Understanding of agile software development fundamentals and lifecycles
- Knowledge and experience of Java programming
- Familiar with writing SQL queries and Shell scripting to generate test artifacts
- Ability to work with team members to troubleshoot any problems and ensuring that all relevant personnel are kept informed of progress.
- Knowledge of BDD and ATDD concepts.
- Knowledge of automating, debugging and maintaining API tests
- Desirable – Experience in API Testing using Postman, Swagger and other API testing tools
- Desirable – Experience of working in a fast paced Agile team with CI/CD and heavy Java test automation environment
- Desirable – Experience of working with Serenity (Java Automation) and Spring Boot Frameworks preferable
- Desirable – Knowledge of open source test automation tools and frameworks
- Desirable – Experience of projects in Travel and Loyalty sectors
- Team High commitment to the success of the team
- Excellent written & spoken English & interpersonal communication
- Self-motivator with a willingness to learn new skills
- A problem solving mentality
- Ability to thrive in a fast moving and changing environment
- Ability to show initiative and to work independently
- Goal and outcome orientated with a drive to do what it takes to get the job done
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Business risk-focused and Innovative
- Ability to bridge communications between technical and business focussed groups
- Comfortable working with people at all levels in an organisation
- Willingness to take on a variety of roles and responsibilities
Cutlers Exchange, 123 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BU
1861 total views, 5 today