Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
IT Service Desk Apprentice at UKICS in Long Ashton
Are you someone that’s looking to further develop their IT knowledge? UKICS is on the hunt for someone that wants to kick-start their IT career. They are an award-winning company, was included in The Sunday Times 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ in 2014 and was a ‘Top 100 company’ in the ‘Best Companies Survey 2014’. This is a great opportunity to be part of a company that is investing in its employees, apply now before it’s too late.
About the company:
ICS is one of the UK’s leading healthcare staffing providers. Our aim, which underpins everything we do, is to be the first choice for health, life sciences and social care professionals and providers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide the customer interface to the IT Service Desk via face-to-face, telephone and electronic communications.
- Logging of Service Desk calls, ensuring all the fields are completed, assigning the correct priority status to the call.
- Take responsibility for faults and work requests. Proactively seek resolutions for customers; keep customers informed of progress; deal with problems and complaints in a professional, calm manner.
- Provide technical support on all IT related matters aiming at resolving the majority of incidents at first point of call using advanced diagnostic techniques, system administrator rights and remote control of desktops.
- User account creation for domain, email and application accounts.
- Travel to branch offices within the UK to provide support.
- May be expected to work hours 8am to 6pm when required to cover on-call periods. Note that these on-call start and end times may change.
You’ll be great for this role if:
- You will need excellent customer service skills coupled with a strong technical computer background.
- You can deal with problems and complaints in a professional, calm manner.
- Key skills include Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office365, computer hardware, printers, phone systems, good working knowledge of network topologies and excellent customer service skills.
- As part of the job role, you will be expected to travel to our branch offices when required.
Unit A, Estune Business Park, Wild Country Lane, Long Ashton, Bristol, BS41 9FH
765 total views, 4 today