Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
x6 Treasury Finance Apprentices at HM Treasury in London
About HM Treasury
The Treasury is the United Kingdom’s economics and finance ministry. It is responsible for formulating and implementing the government’s financial and economic policy. Its aim is to raise the rate of sustainable growth, and achieve rising prosperity and a better quality of life with economic and employment opportunities for all.
This role could be working any of the following groups:
Personal Tax, Welfare and Pensions
Corporate Centre Group
Any of these roles can sit within any of the groups.
- Preparing advances and accounting for repayments. Preparing the monthly accounts and assisting in the annual accounts.
- Maintain key spreadsheets and trackers, providing advice and analysis on the numbers.
- Train on the groups database and act as first point of contact for technical issues.
- Assisting with maintaining annual reports, accounts and returns.
- Preparing data visualisation materials and reports.
- Undertaking finance and cost data compilation and analysis for the team.
- Perform intra-day forecasting assist duties as well as calculating outturn net cashflow figures.
- Working with stakeholders within HMT and the across departments.
- Support the production of the accounts.
- Develop knowledge of government and finance within HM Treasury.
- Provide ad-hoc administrative tasks across the team and group you work in.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C, including English and Maths
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to work independently and manage a busy workload to achieve deadlines and priorities.
- Strong numeracy, analytical and Excel skills.
- Ability to carrying out duties to tight deadlines and high level of accuracy.
1 Horseguards Road, Westmintser, London, SW1A 2HQ
Hours of work
This post is available on a full time, part time or job share basis, and flexible working hours can be accommodated.
The working hours of this post are 42 per week (including meal breaks of 1 hour a day) or unless you have a legacy agreement.
270 total views, 2 today