Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
x2 1st Line Support Engineer at Nasstar in Telford
If you want to kick-start your IT career, then Nasstar have the apprenticeship for you! You’ll be the perfect apprentice that they’re looking for if you can prove your passion for the industry with some prior experience and knowledge. At Nasstar you’ll work amongst a supportive environment that is invested in your development. They want to see you grow into a role post apprenticeship, so if you’d like to flourish in a company, Nasstar is for you.
About the company:
Managed IT Specialists Nasstar, provide tailor made cloud hosted desktop solutions for businesses in a range of industries including finance and recruitment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working as part of the 1st Line Team in receiving all incoming support calls and raising the call in accordance with company guidelines.
- Actively managing and maintaining a list of assigned calls including regularly updating calls, investigative work and keeping customers up to date.
- Performing efficiently and effectively a range of administration tasks for the company. These include user creations and deletions within our user base, managing inbound emails to the Support mailbox and assigning calls to colleagues.
- Providing support and assistance to the 2nd and 3rd Line Teams.
- To liaise with and maintain a good working relationship with third party vendors to ensure the needs of the customer are met.
You’ll be great for this role if:
- A person able to deal with front line working in a continually professional and courteous manner.
- An exceptional phone manner, able to professionally deal with high levels of incoming calls, to talk clearly to different customers, with differing technical knowledge from different countries.
- An effective communicator at all levels within the Nasstar PLC business and with all levels of our customer base.
- Ability to work through a never diminishing call queue, whilst maintaining motivation and drive.
- Clean driving license
The right candidate would ideally be a good problem solver and have a skill set which comprises some of the following experience:
- Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server administration and basic configuration and troubleshooting. A desktop support role would also be
- Active Directory administration, in particular user creations.
- The remote support of users in a Citrix environment.
- Remote troubleshooting of hardware issues and operating system level problems.
- Basic network and comms remote troubleshooting.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 administration.
- Good knowledge of supporting Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 and 2013.
- Remote printer troubleshooting.
Subject to satisfactory performance on your Level 3 syllabus and on our own Nasstar internal training and development programme we will offer regular salary increments as follows:
- After 6 months probationary period and increment of £1000.00pa (salary £11,920.00)
- After a further 6 months a further increment of £1000.00pa (salary £12,920.00)
- After the final three months of the 15 months programme the apprentice would “graduate” to becoming 1st Line Support Engineers – the salary for the role at that time is expected to be £16,500.00pa – £17,000,00pa
Datapoint House, Queensway Business Park, Telford, TF1 7UL
1121 total views, 3 today