Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
IT Software Support Apprentice at Wattle in Bristol
You could become an IT Support Apprentice at Wattle, where you’ll be gaining invaluable work experience at an exciting and vibrant company. You could work with a variety of clients in travel, events and hospitality all the way to finance, insurance and manufacturers. Gain a qualification in IT support and earn a salary while doing so! The team at Wattle have experience with apprentices and so have a good level of expectations and are invested in your growth. You’ll be working with experts who want to see you grow, and you’ll be working for a company that is an Umbraco Gold Partner. This apprenticeship will be a unique experience, so don’t miss out!
About the company:
Wattle is a software house and Umbraco gold partner located in the Bath Road studios within Bristol, we work primarily with businesses in the financial services, membership and travel and hospitality sectors on varied interesting digital / web based projects, this enables our small but friendly team to get exposure to a wide range of modern technologies based around the .NET stack.
What you’ll be doing:
- Answer centralised IT Service Desk phone calls, log as Incidents, Service Requests or Queries.
- Action IT Service Desk emails, log as Incidents, Service Requests or Queries.
- Log all support calls within the IT support system,
- Carry out initial Incident diagnostics, resolve with a first line fix where possible or escalate to other areas of the IT Department to resolve if necessary.
- Provide remote first and second line IT technical support on all business application software.
- Assist with Trend Analysis and Problem Record investigations.
- Writing good quality code (logic) with sound syntax in at least one language
- Testing: can test code and analyse results to correct errors found using either V-model manual testing and/or using unit testing
- can apply structured techniques to problem-solving, can debug code and can understand the structure of programmes in order to identify and resolve issues
You’ll be great for this role if:
- Basic programming skills.
- Excellent Math, English GCSE grades, Computer Science (desirable)
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- A good level of English writing and speaking is essential
Bath Road Studios, 470 Bath Road, Bristol, BS4 3HG
577 total views, 4 today